R2 Trial Tips
Always maintain 3 gems active, push for G4 with 2 G2s to support bc of the swarms. The key was to actually block off the north pass and “build _diagonally_”. Since the cells are rectangular, building diagonally makes the path quite longer. The last tower should just about cover both the whole wall and the corner.
Just finished this journey:
- Setup: mana gain on kill and trap skills about equally, add talisman parts with extra mana on start
- Start: Wall of the south lane. Put level 1 poison gems into the 3 starter traps, and add another one on the top side
- Then: Use towers in the middle to slow down enemies. Upgrade traps to level 2.
Poison inflicts a lot of damage but takes a long time to kill them. Mazing helps.
Got it after several tries:
- Only used blood + armor gems
- It started with 3 L2 dual towers in the middle and some walls. Walled off the south lane.
- Gradually upgraded to 3 L3 dual gems and an L2 dual gem.
- In the end, there were too many enemies, so I put half my gems into my mana pool for banishments, and created one L4 dual gem.