Table of Contents Show
Hogwarts Legacy contains 3 Unforgivable Curses: Crucio, Imperio, Avada Kedavra. All 3 of these are missable unlocks. You have to pick specific dialogues during Sebastian’s Side-Questline to learn these curses.
We know that there are people who have a hard time finishing the Hogwarts Legacy game. If you are one of those who find it difficult to finish the game, let’s take you to our Hogwarts Legacy guide.
Hogwarts Legacy How to Unlock All Unforgivable Curses
Welcome to our Hogwarts Legacy How to Unlock All Unforgivable Curses guide. First of all, advance through the story until “Side Quest: In the Shadow of the Bloodline” gets added to your quest log. This happens automatically, the quest can’t be missed and can still be done after the story. It starts in The Great Hall of Hogwarts Castle.
How to Unlock All Unforgivable Curses
Go through Sebastian’s Side Quests. Every few quests you get the opportunity to learn a new Unforgivable Curse. The main thing to keep in mind is to not skip through the dialogues and listen to them carefully. It’s also a good idea to make a manual save before starting each quest. In case you missed a curse you can reload the save and redo the quest to fix this.
Below are the required side quests and which ones unlock the curses.
Required Side Quests:
- In the Shadow of the Bloodline
- In the Shadow of the Study –> Unforgivable Curse: Crucio – during the dialogue choose to accept learning Crucio
- In the Shadow of Discovery
- In the Shadow of Time –> Unforgivable Curse: Imperio – during the dialogue choose to accept learning Imperio
- In the Shadow o Distance
- In the Shadow of Hope
- In the Shadow of the Relic –> Unforgivable Curse: Avada Kedavra – after chasing Sebastian choose “Everyone should know about that curse” > “Yes, please”.
After this you will have all 3 Unforgivable Curses. There are no negative side effects to learning and using them. You can use them as often as you like. They have a long cooldown but are very powerful.
What does each Unforgivable Curse Do?
- Avada Kedavra: Kills enemies instantly.
- Crucio: Causes most enemies to writhe in pain as they take damage over time. Also curses the victim – and cursed enemies take extra damage.
- Imperio: Temporarily forces enemies to fight as if they were your companion. While under your control, they take reduced damage from other enemies to prolong their allegiance to you. Also curses the victim – and cursed enemies take extra damage.
Dark Arts Battle Arena
If you want to try out the Unforgivable Curses before properly unlocking them from side quests, you can do so in the special “Dark Arts Battle Arena”. This is a pre-order DLC bonus.
If you pre-ordered the game and downloaded this extra content, you can start the Dark Arts Battle Arena in the Forbidden Forest. All 3 Curses are automatically equipped when starting the arena but they are only available while inside the arena and get unequipped when exiting. To keep them permanently and use them against other enemies you have to unlock them properly from Sebastian’s side quests.