Welcome to our Kayak VR Mirage Tips, Achievements & Skins guide. This guide will give you some info about the game, its controls, as well as help you get its achievements.
Kayak VR Mirage Tips, Achievements & Skins
Kayak VR: Mirage is a fantastic game where you can compete in the cross platforms leaderboards or have some rest in beautiful sceneries.
Playing with a fan facing you can reduce motion sickness, refresh you, and help you stay in the same orientation to prevent damage or cable tangling.
There is currently 4 known maps in Kayak VR: Mirage:
- Kings Canyon (Australia)
- Cierva Cove (Antarctica)
- Bjørnøya (Norway)
- Papagayo (Costa Rica)
You can choose between different stabilization options of the Kayak, which also impact your turns.
- -Off (paddle and head position affect the center of mass)
- -Low (paddle position is not taken into account when calculating center of mass in the kayak, should prevent some wobbliness)
- -Medium (paddle and head position don’t affect center of mass)
- -High (the above + extra dampening of the kayak)
Adjust the “Turning Multiplier” “Force Multiplier” to your liking.
Water depth when paddling influence the force and turning speed.
So skimming the water will barely move / steer you and strokes deeper in the water will move you more / faster.
You won’t achieve faster speed by windmill as proper technique is rewarded.
Controller Stick Setup
Playing with a stick can greatly enhance immersion but isn’t needed to compete in the leaderboards.
Warning: Please make sure to have enough room and that your solution to attach the controllers is sturdy enough in order to not hurt yourself, others or break anything.
Even more so when playing with a longer stick, mind the floor and potential ceiling lights.
To match your real stick and virtual one better,
go in settings>general and set “controllers attached to stick” to “on” and then adjust the offsets so that when rotating the real stick, the movements of the virtual stick match. Also try to balance the real stick on its center of mass and correct the virtual one with sliders if necessary.
You can use a broomstick, removable zip ties or a 3D printed solution like this one (Vive wands) to attach your controllers on a stick.
Currently, you want room to push the trigger on at least one controller to navigate the menu without changing the default input bindings.
Try each setting until you are satisfied with the performance and quality.
If you don’t want to compete in the leaderboards, you can turn on motion smoothing in SteamVR and play with higher graphics settings.
You can personalize your hat, paddle and kayak and unlock more skins by buying them in the shop menu (only in the training pool) with the currency “Sea Miles” earned by traveling distance or completing races.
A total of 71 100 Sea Miles is needed to get all the current skins.
Kayaks and paddles
Achievements – Kayak VR Mirage Tips, Achievements & Skins
Some achievements aren’t in this guide yet
Their description is straightforward for most.
Inflatable Animals quests
In each map while free roaming, there is an inflatable animal.
Complete their objective to get Sea Miles and an achievement.
A lost little whale (Norway, 200 Sea Miles, ~2 minutes)
- Get the inflatable whale to the open water
A lost little turtle (Jungle, 200 Sea Miles, ~4 minutes)
- Get the inflatable turtle to its family (the open water)
A lost toucan (Canyon, 500 Sea Miles, ~10 minutes)
- Get the inflatable toucan to the other side of the canyon
A lost little orca (Antarctica, 500 Sea Miles, ~14 minutes)
- Get the inflatable orca to the open water
Can’t touch this
- Complete a track without penalty
Riders on the Storm
- Get a medal in a storm [Bjørnøya (Norway)]
- Get a bronze medal or better on the Day Trip track in Costa Rica
- Get a silver medal or better on the Endurance track in Antarctica
King of King’s Canyon
- Become the King of King’s Canyon by getting a gold medal on the Olympic track
Find Willy Cierva Cove (Antarctica)
- Spot an orca
Welcome to the jungle Papagayo (Costa Rica)
- Discover the Jungle
Totally dude! Papagayo (Costa Rica)
- Spot a turtle
- Spot the expedition camp
- Spot the WWII plane
- Spot the submarine
- Spot a whale
- Spot a clownfish
World Class Kayak Academy
- Complete all lessons in the training pool
Sleep with the fishes
- Stay underwater for 1 minute
- Reach 40 km/h
- Get serious airtime with your Kayak
You’re a wizard: Perform a magic trick
- Help do it in the training pool
- Spoiler In the training pool, put the beach balloon on top of the inflatable flamingo
- Overcome your kabourophobia
- In Bjørnøya (Norway) touch a crab
- Overcome your galeophobia
- Overcome your ophidiophobia
- Overcome your thalassophobia