Table of Contents Show
Hello from our Starfield How to Add or Remove Traits guide. Officially, Starfield does not allow you to add new traits to your character after character creation. So you can’t replace traits that you remove with different traits through any in-game activity. However, it is possible to replace traits using Starfield console commands.
This is the guide ✪ Checkmate it was created by. You can find the author’s link at the end of the guide.
Starfield How to Add or Remove Traits
Welcome to our Starfield How to Add or Remove Traits guide. This guide will show you detailed information about how to add or remove your traits in the game!
Method 1 – Using the Console (Faster way)
To remove a Trait, open the console with the tilde ( ` ) key and type the following:
(Removing a Trait)
- player.removeperk [perk id]
Replace the [perk id] section with the ID of the trait you want to remove (the IDs are listed below).
To add a new Trait, type the following into the console:
(Adding a Trait)
- player.addperk [perk id]
For example if you want to remove the Introvert trait and replace it with Extrovert. Simply enter the following commands below.
- player.removeperk 227FD8
- player.addperk 227FD7
List of all Traits
|Freestar Collective Settler||227FD5|
|Neon Street Rat||227FD3|
|United Colonies Native||227FD4|
I believe you may remove or add as many traits as you want but I suggest using only 3 perks as it doesn’t break your immersion of the game.
Note: Using these commands will disable achievements, but if this is a real issue for you, you can always download the Achievement Enabler mod on Nexus Mods, which allows you to earn achievements even after using the commands.
Method 2 – Removing Traits without the use of console
Depending on what you want to remove, there are several different ways to remove a trait in Starfield. Some can be removed surgically, some with credits, and some by talking to the right people – it all just depends on what the trait is.
Here’s how to remove every trait in Starfield without using the console:
Trait – How to remove trait
- Empath – Pay 10,000 credits at a surgery centre.
- Extrovert – Speak to Andy Signh in the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis.
- Freestar Collective Settler – Talk to the Mayor in Akila City.
- Hero Worshipped – Talk to the Adoring Fan and either tell him to leave you, or attack and kill him.
- Introvert – Speak to Andy Signh in the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis.
- Kid Stuff – Speak to your parents and tell them you can’t afford to pay them anymore, forcing them to move far away to a cheaper home.
- Neon Street Rat – Speak to the bartender of Madam Sauvage in Ebbside, Neon City.
- Raised Enlightened – Speak to Andy Signh in the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis, and tell them you no longer wish to follow the House of the Enlightened.
- Raised Universal – Speak to Keeper Aquilis in New Atlantis and tell them you no longer wish to follow the Sanctum Universum.
- Serpent’s Embrace – Speak to Mir’za in the UC Security Office in New Atlantis.
- Spaced – Pay 10,000 credits at a surgery centre.
- Taskmaster – Speak to Andy Signh in the Church of the Enlightened in The Well, New Atlantis.
- Terra Firma – Pay 10,000 credits at a surgery centre.
- United Colonies Native – Speak to Administrator Rookes in the Colonial Health and Human Resources office in MAST District, New Atlantis.
- Wanted – Speak to one of the Bounty Hunters in New Atlantis or The Well and pay 3,000 credits to remove your bounty.
Note: You can only remove traits using this method. If you want to add a trait, please refer to method 1.