Table of Contents Show
Welcome to our Tales of Arise Tweaks, Fixes & Issues guide.The idea of this guide is to enhance as much as possible the user experience going a little bit further. The game is very good optimized, but still not near to be perfect. I will try to keep this guide up to date.
Tales of Arise Tweaks, Fixes & Issues
1) Controller Issue
-Some users weren’t able to use their controllers due to how this game implemented the steam input.
To fix this, just open the controller settings into the game, go to browse config, then go to community and apply the one that says “Official input config”.
2) Pop-in and LOD
-To improve this, go to %localappdata%, then BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment/Tales of Arise/Config/WIndowsNoEditor and open Engine.ini.
Copy and paste the next commands just as shown below:
If you have a midrange PC, please replace the grass and foliage commands with the ones below in order to get more stability in performance:
3) Improve NPCs Distance
-Please follow this thread in order to use the Arise SDK, from Havok.
4) Ultrawide Support and Cutscenes FPS uncap
-Please check this thread from KingKrouch
a) Stuttering/Hitching when Try to Access a New Area
- This happens when you try to go to other area and get close to the exit/entrance. The game seems to load something and it stutters.
- This is only present in the PC version.
(If you cannot tell it due to video quality, the hitches and stutters are present in the frametime graph, right in the top left corner).
b) 5.1 and 7.1 Audio Output out of Sync/Not Working Properly
- The game is not able to handle audio enhancements when using 5.1 / 7.1 output or compatible headsets.
- This is more noticeable when you are walking through the map and then you get into menus, or between cutscenes and gameplay. You can suddenly hear how the sound changes from 5.1/7.1 surround to stereo, so it impacts directly in the immersion of the game (Even more when using headphones)