Welcome to our Across the Obelisk Achievements Guide 100%. This guide will provide how to complete every achievement in Across the Obelisk. We know that there are people who have a hard time finishing the Across the Obelisk game. If you are one of those who find it difficult to finish the game, let’s take you to our Across the Obelisk guide.
Across the Obelisk Achievements Guide 100%
This guide will provide how to complete every achievement in Across the Obelisk. The table of contents below:
- Hero Unlocks
- Pet Unlocks
- Curse/Aura Stacking
- Town Activity
- Card Unlocks
All the heroes are unlocked by doing a quest for them, many of which end in a boss fight. On your first run or two you won’t have much hope of beating the boss or getting far enough. The easiest boss for a character unlock is probably unlocking Ottis by defeating Yogger which is most likely possible on the second run.
Unlock the character: Ottis
- Act 1: Interact with the “Isolated Chapel” event called “The Scared Pigman” and accept the quest.
- Follow the new path straight north to the far northeast event at the “Bandit Camp” node called “Fresh Meat.” Defeat the boss Yogger. This will unlock Ottis and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Heiner
- Act 1: Interact with the “Crumbling Tower” event called “The Last Sentinel” in the middle path and accept the quest.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Velkerath (Red), and go to the Black Forge node in the middle of the map. Enter and defeat the golems. This will unlock Heiner and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Cornelius
- Act 1: Interact with the “River Bridges” event called “The Wandering Wizard” in the bottom path and accept the quest.
- Act 2: Go along the bottom path and interact with the “Cult Temple” event called “The Burning Hand” and defeat the boss. This will unlock Cornelius and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Thuls
- Act 1: Interact with the “Water Mill” event called “Whispers in the Shadow” in the top path and accept the quest.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green), and go to the spider cave. To get there you will need to take a boat across. The lizard village route will allow you to buy hammer and nails to cross so make sure you have at least 800 gold.
- Fight through the spider cave (Whether you succeed on the first check or not doesn’t matter) and defeat the boss at the end. This will unlock Thuls and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Malukah
- Make sure you save 1,000 gold for the second act.
- Act 1: Go to the “Suspicious Hatch” node called “The Hatch” along the top path. You have to get into this for the unlock, so the safest option will be to jump on the hatch (Enter option), which risks a curse in your deck but guarantees you getting in. Cornelius will automatically be able to enter.
- Go to the end of the dungeon to the “Lord of the Imps” node, and select the combat option. This gives the item Belphyor’s Horn.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go along the top path, taking the boat at the “North Pier Node” called “Crocomen Mafia”, which costs 1,000 gold. Go to the Malukah map node along the top and give her Belphyor’s Horn. This will unlock Malukah and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Grukli
- Act 1: Interact with the “Small Lake” node called “The Fishing Contest” along the bottom path. This is a common event and the event has to be gray colored for it to be there.
- Once at the node, choose to ignore the competition and fish. Andrin will be able to get the fish no matter what. If successful, you will get a fish in your inventory and have to fight some werewolves.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and follow the path on the right taking the boat across OR for a free trip go to the Crocoman village, help the Crocoman fight in the middle, then continue southeast and mention the Crocoman leader’s name to get a free boat ride to go to the far right.
- Follow the path to reach the “Waterfall Ledge” node called “The Hungry Dwarf” and give Grukli the fish. This will unlock Grukli and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Nezglekt
- Act 1: Go to the Riverside Camp node called “The Stargazer.” This is a rare node which will not always appear, and will be along the south path by the river. If you are intent on getting this quest, you can always start your game then check if it exists, and if it doesn’t exit and delete the run and start a new run until it appears.
- At the camp, select “Ask” or “pay” for a divination, after which you can accept a quest.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Velkerath (Red) and go to the “Campsite” node called “Express Delivery.” You will be asked to deliver a heavy package, which will take up one of your party members potion slots for the most of the rest of the run and which carries a negative speed modifier. Do not get rid of the heavy package at any point.
- Act 4: Go along the bottom path to the “Airship” node called “Tsnemo’s Merchant Ship” and deliver the package. This will unlock Nezglekt and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Wilbur
- Act 2: Go to Velkerath (Red) and go to the “Rest Area” node called “Knowledge for a Dream” and accept the quest.
- Act 4: Follow the top path to reach “The Library” node called “The Ancient Library.” Select the continue option to get a book on ancient technology. This will unlock Wilbur and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Zek
- Act 1: Go to the “Main Road” node called “A Grave on the Road.” This is a common event showing a gray book icon in the middle path just outside of town. Select any character specific option or the profane option. This should give the item “Strange Key.”
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue) and go to the “Sewer Outlet” node called “The Exiled”, which is along the coast. Give Zek the key. This will unlock Zek and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Sylvie
- Act 1: Along the bottom path in the southeast, go to the “Forest Glade” node called “The Moon Ritual.” Choose to combat the Dryad, then after the fight choose to wait to pick up the Moonstone.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue) and go to the “Owl Guardian” node called “The Depleted Guardian.” Give the Moonstone to Sylvie. This will unlock Sylvie and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Gustav
- Unlocking this character specifically requires Act 2 to be Aquarfall (Green) and Act 3 to be Faeborg (Blue) and 800 gold at the start of Act 2.
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall (Green). Go to the South Pier node and pay 800 gold to reach the “Lonely Rock” node called “The Sad Minstrel.” Accept the quest.
- Act 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue) and go along the south path to reach the “Mansion” node called “Maniac Mansion.” Select “continue” to get the lute for Gustav. This will unlock Gustav and the achievement.
Unlock the character: Bree
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue). Go to the node “Grove” called “Saving the Treants” along the top path. Accept the quest.
- Act 4: Continue through act 4 as normal, defeat the boss of act 4 part 1 and enter the second map. Go along the top path of the second path to the “Garden” node called “Sacred Graden.” Select the dig option to plant Ylmer’s Seed. This will unlock Bree and the achievement.
Unlock the pet: Betty
- Act 1: Go to “The Lost SHeep” node on the main road, center path. This node will not always appear. Once there, select to combat the sheep to protect Betty.
- Continue along the new path directly north to the “Betty’s House” node called “Betty Returns Safely.”
- If Nezglekt is in the party you can select his option to unlock Betty and to unlock the “Recruiter” achievement. Otherwise, select the bargain or murder options to get Betty.
Unlock the pet: Flamy
Recommended party: Cornelius
- Act 1: Go to the “Suspicious Hatch” node called “The Hatch” along the north path. The enter option will guarantee you enter at the risk of a curse. Cornelius will automatically be able to enter.
- Go to the end of the hatch to the “Summoning Circle” node called “The Summoning Ritual.” Select the persuade option or Cornelius’ option.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Velkarath (Red) and go to the “Stone Table” node called “The Banquet.” Select the accept option to release the imps and unlock Flamy.
Unlock the pet: Slimy
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go to the “Western Village” node called “The Lizardmen Tribe.”
- Buy the slime bait. You can also optionally buy the hammer and nails as well, which is recommended.
- Go to the “Spider Lair” node called “The Spiders’ Cave” and enter the dungeon. Go to the “Poisonous River” node called “Slimes on the Bridge” and throw the slime bait. This will unlock Slimy.
Unlock the pet: Lianty
Recommended party: Thul or Zek AND Heiner, Bree, or Grukli.
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall Marsh and go to the “Spider’s Lair” mode called “The Spider Cave.” You must succeed on the jump roll or have Zek or Thul to automatically get you in safely.
- Once inside, go to the “Dead Adventurer” node called “A Narrow Gap.” You must succeed on the enter approach to get through the gap. Heiner, Bree, and Grukli will automatically succeed on this roll.
- Select the “Open” option to open the mysterious cocoon (NOT the one with the adventurer) to unlock Lianty.
Unlock the pet: Stormy
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go to the “Eastern Village” node called “An empty Village.”
- Select “Look” to find anything interesting in the village and get the “Naga Notes” item.
- Go to the South Pier boat. If you go to the battle and support the Crocomen you will be able to get a free ride, otherwise pay 800 gold. From here, go to the “Naga Mural” node called “The Lightning Runes.”
- At the Naga Mural node, select the read option to decipher the mural and unlock Stormy.
Unlock the pet: Sharpy
This pet requires Velkarath (Red) as Act 2 and Aquarfall (Green) as Act 3. It also requires 800 gold or going to the Crocomen village and supporting them in the battle.
- Act 2: Go to Velkarath (Red) and go to the “Harpy Nest” node called “The Harpy Matriarch” along the left path to the northernmost section of the map. Select combat and defeat the Harpy Matriarch. This will give the Harpy Egg item.
- Act 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and take the boat at the “South Pier” node for 800 gold. Go to the “Altar” node called “Altar of Songs” and choose the continue option to put the egg near the altar. This gives you Sharpy.
Unlock the pet: Mozzy
This path specifically requires Act 2 to be Aquarfall (Green) and Act 3 to be Velkarath (Red), and requires either 1,000 gold in Act 2 OR Gustav. Thul will also guarantee a roll.
Recommended party: Thul and Gustav.
- Act 2: Go along the top path to the “Marsh Deeps” node called “The Mosquito Nest.” This node does not always appear.
- Take the boat for 1,000 gold or by having Gustav in your party to travel for free.
- At the mosquito nest, select the “Steal” option or Thuls unique option to get the mosquito egg item.
- Act 3: Go to Velkarath (Red) and go to the “Lava Cascade” node called “How to Boil an Egg” along the middle path near the center of the map. Put the egg near the lava and this will unlock Mozzy.
Unlock the pet: Oculy
In the act 1 town, make sure to buy a pet at the shop since you need it before you enter act 2. This also requires 800 gold in Act 2.
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go to the “Aqueduct” node called “The Monster Trainer”, which requires taking a boat for 800 gold. Alternatively you can support the Crocomen in the fight by going through their village then to the battle node for a free boat ride.
- Take the boat and go to the monster trainer node and select any of the “Train My Pet” options which will give you Oculy.
Unlock the pet: Orby
This quest requires a rare event in Velkarath which does not always appear. You can use a pre-determined seed which contains the proper event or you can speed through act 1 repeatedly until the correct node appears and reset the run if not.
- Act 1 or 2: There will be a group event which requires higher numbers in order to pass successfully. You can increase your odds of success by filling your deck with very high cost cards.
- Act 2: Go to Velkarath (Red) and go to the node “Crane” called “The Obsidian Shipment.” This is a rare purple node and does not always appear. Select the “Ambush” option for a group event draw over a certain number. If successful, you will get the Obsidian Ingots item as a reward.
- Act 4: Go along the north path to the “Forge” node called “The Sacred Forge.” Give the blacksmith the Obsidian Ingots and you will get Orby.
Unlock the pet: Asmody
- Act 1: Go to the “River Bank” node called “A Fun Game” along the north path. This node will not always appear. Once there, select the “Play” option.
- In the node behind the waterfall, select “Combat” or “Threaten.” You will get a ruined book. Note that for some reason the ruined book doesn’t appear as an item in your bar like other items, so it won’t look like you have anything.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Velkerath (red) and go to the “Empty Tent” node called “The Empty Camp”, and select “Explore” to find another book (Which also won’t appear as an item).
- Act 4: Go along the top path to “The Library” node called “The Ancient Library” and select the xplore option for a third book.
- Act 4 part 2: Go along the south path to the “Magic Circle” node called “The Colored Runes” and select the “Use” option to summon Asmody.
Unlock the pet: Daley
- Act 2: Go to Faeborg (Blue). In the village, you can increase your chances of getting Daley by filling your hands with high cost cards.
- Go to the “Forest” node called “The Unlucky Trainer” in the middle path near town. Select the “Throw” option. Your team will roll and five or higher in the group event will get you Daley.
Champy, Chompy, and Chumpy
Unlock the pet: Champy/Chompy/Chumpy
These are combined together since they all involve doing the exact same thing and just selecting three options.
This involves specifically going to Velkarath (Red) for Act 2 and Faeborg (Blue) for Act 3. This will also require 1,000 gold by Act 3.
- Act 2: Go to Velkarath (Red) and go to the “Goblin Caves” node called “The Goblin Chieftain.” This is the path directly north of the town along the low route (second from the left).
- Once at the node, select combat to kill the goblin village. You will receive a “Small Log” item as a reward.
- Act 3: Select Faeborg (Blue) for Act 3 and go along the bottom path. Go to “The Tyrant” node called “Beavers Finally Rest” and defeat the boss with the combat or ambush option.
- Once the fight is complete, you will have to choose who to throw the small log to. Each option will unlock a different pet. You can get all three achievements and pets if you close the entire game immediate
Events part 1
Become the new champion of the arena
- In Velkerath (Red), go along the left path to the Coliseum node and choose to fight yourself. Fight all the way to the end and defeat Astarios for the achievement.
Repair the altar to its former glory
- Act 1: At the Altar Rubble node event “The Broken Altar”, a grey node near the middle of the map. Do not make an offering but instead roll to rebuild the altar. Wilbur will automatically succeed on this check, otherwise it is a roll of 6 or higher where your odds can be improved by filling your deck in town with high cost cards.
Discover what cultists throw into the pit
- Act 1: In the leftmost path out of town at the Scorched Field event “Honest Work” (a green icon which does not always appear). Accept their offer to help without asking for anything more and receive the rope item.
- Go to the Hatch event “Suspicious Hatch” and go down into it. Jumping on the hatch guarantees entry, as does Cornelius being in your party.
- Once inside the suspicious hatch, go to the Front Door event “Silly Gatekeepers” and choose the option to capture one of them using the rope.
- Continue in the hatch along the southern route around the pit and go to the Pit node event “The Bottomless Pit”. Choose to throw the tied pigman into the pit. This will give you the achievement.
Save the baker’s son
- Act 1: Middle path, go to the Tom’s Farm node event called “The Baker’s Son”, which is usually available and gray in color. Accept the farmer’s quest to find his son.
- Continue down the middle path until you reach the Forest Arch event called “The FOrest Trail”, which will have a quest icon.
- Choose Combat option. This requires a group skill check of 4 or higher, which while likely with most decks can have the likelihood of success increased by having a group skill check of 4 or higher.
- Note: If you have Cornelius in your party, this same path is used for the Untrustworthy achievement and you can get both in one run. Simply select Cornelius’ unique option first to get Untrustworthy, exit the game with Alt+F4, then select Combat on the second time.
Accidentally burns the baker’s son
- Take Cornelius in your starting roster.
- Act 1: Middle path, go to the Tom’s Farm node event called “The Baker’s Son”, which is usually available and gray in color. Accept the farmer’s quest to find his son.
- Continue down the middle path until you reach the Forest Arch event called “The FOrest Trail”, which will have a quest icon.
- Choose Cornelius’ unique option and get the achievement..
Make a bet with the crocomafia and win
- In Aquarfall (Green), go along the right path out of town where you can take the boat from the Crocomafia. You can bet with them in order to take the boat for free, but the skill check requires a very high roll. I recommend completely filling your deck with the highest cost cards you are able to and removing the low cost cards for this.
Feed the harpies
- Act 1: Go along the north path to a green event which does not always appear for the “Farmer’s Caravan” event. Buy the sack of grain for 60 gold.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Velkarath (Red) and go to the Harpy Nest in the north middle of the map. Feed the grain to the harpies and get the achievement.
Fight for the crocomen after visiting their village
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go on the southeast path out of the village to the Empty Village node. Don’t steal any items and check the note, and then continue to the Battlefield node one spot west.
- Fight for the crocomen and defeat the lizardmen.
- Reference the reward on the note you saw at the village and get the achievement.
Sealing the deal
Fight for the lizardmen after visiting their village
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go on the western-most path out of the village to the Lizard village node. Ask for any quests and be told about the battlefield.
- Go to the node immediately east of the lizardmen village node.
- Fight for the lizardmen and defeat the crocomen and get the achievement.
Proud but poor
Show who is the strongest on the battlefield
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go on any pathway to reach the battlefield node two spots directly south of the village.
- Fight both the crocomen AND the lizardmen and get the achievement.
Become the master craftsman’s apprentice
- Make sure you have a party that has at least one person who is not a fighter as fighters cannot complete this event.
- Act 1: Go along the top-most path to the “West Fang Gate” node event titled “The Apprentice Craftsman.” This is a a blue book event and does not always appear. The node is directly left of the Yogger fight.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Green), and go along the top of the map taking the boat from the Crocomafia and go to the quest event. Agree to be the craftsman’s apprentice and get the achievement.
Events part 2
It’s good to be the king
Sit on the mysterious throne
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Velkarath (Red) and continue along the southern path to reach the Ancient Ruins node event “The Mysterious Throne.” This is an epic event with a purple book and does not always appear.
- Once at the Ancient Ruins, have a character sit on the throne.
Survive the bunny event
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Aquarfall (Blue). Go to the Campsite node event “The White Horde” along the northernmost path near the top middle of the map. This event is an epic, purple event and does not always appear.
- Once there, you will fight a lot of bunnies that will keep summoning more of themselves unless you kill them on the same turn. Once the fight is won, you get the achievement.
Deliver the Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and go to the Shore node south of the main town. The node must be the blue rare event at the time, which is not guaranteed. Once there, agree to the quest.
- Travel to the Fisherman’s Hut node in the top right corner using the new path provided. Fight the boss at the node to get an amulet.
- Act 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue) and go to the South Dock node immediately east of town with the book icon over it. Turn in the quest and get the achievement.
Find the Happy Owl founder’s runes
- It is highly recommended to take Thuls for this run.
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall in Act 2 specifically and follow the left-most path down until you reach the spider cave.
- Use Thuls unique option to automatically get inside of the cave.
- At the Narrow Gap node, examine the adventurer’s remains and you will learn about a journal.
- Act 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue), and go along the middle path to the Inn node event “The Happy Owl.”
- Select the Ask option about if she knows the owner of the old journal.
- Note: You can combine this with the No Expense Spared achievement by selecting that one, and once you get the achievement exiting the game with Alt+F4 and reloading to select the option for the journal.
- In Act 4 part 2, go along the southern path to the Magic Circle node event “The Colored Runes” and select the new combination available to get the achievement.
Give the two beggars enough money to take the ship
- Have 1600 gold by Act 2 or 3.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue) and go the middle path out of town to meet the beggars.
- Select the option to give a total of 1600 gold between both beggars and get the achievement.
No expense spared
Have a big feast at the Happy Owl
- Have 1600 gold by Act 2 or 3.
- Act 2 or 3: Go to Faeborg (Blue) and go to the middle path to the Inn node event “The Happy Owl.” Pay 1,600 gold to have a big feast and get the achievement.
Find the ultimate treasure
- Act 1: Go to the Mysterious Lake event along the southern path. This is an epic, purple book event and does not always appear.
- Select to search for anything interest to receive a note.
- Follow the quest marker to the werewolf node in the middle of act 1 and ask about the note. This will open a new node just northeast (South of Yogger).
- Go to the new node which appears which will complete this section of the quest.
- Act 2: Go to Aquarfall (Green) and follow the rightmost path to the top right corner to the Campsite node event “Strange Rock Formations.” While here, search the “West” option.
- You have three options here: You can either have Wilbur in your party to skip the Act 3 part, or get a key from either Velkarath (Red) or Faeborg (Blue). I will provide directions for Velkarath below.
- Act 3: Go to Velkarath (Red) and go to the Black Forge Node. Fight the enemies in the black forge and get the key item.
- Act 4: Go to “The Two Armies” node in the middle. If you went to Velkarath for Act 3 and got the key, go to the south path from here. If you went to Faeborg (Blue) and got the key there, go north. If you have Wilbur, you won’t need a key for the next part (But still need the Mysterious Key from Aquarfall).
- Act 4: Use the key to go to “The Jade Chest” event and use the mysterious key. This gives you a variety of powerful items and the achievement.
Find a new member for the Tsnemo crew
- Put Nezglekt in your party. It also helps to add more spell cards to Nezglekt’s deck and remove any non-spell cards.
- There are multiple places to complete the first part of this achievement. The two easiest are if the Betty quest is available to follow that quest and once you reach Betty’s farm select Nezglekt’s unique option OR to go to the werewolf stall and select Nezglekt’s unique option. This option is a roll based on the number of spell cards in your deck.
- Act 4: Go along the southern path to the far right book node before the boss where the ship is. Select the option to provide the crew member and get the achievement.
Read what happened in the void
- Act 4: Go along the north path in Act 4 part 1 to the Ancient Library event. Select to read the history and get the achievement.
Kill the boss: Ylmer
- Act 1 boss. Can’t miss them.
Kill the boss: Ignidoh
- This is the Velkarath (Red) boss fight and can’t be missed as long as you go to Velkarath in Act 2 or 3.
Kill the boss: Faeborg
- This is the Faeborg (Blue) boss fight and can’t be missed as long as you go to Faeborg in Act 2 or 3.
Kill the boss: Scorn
- This is the Aquarfall (Green) main boss fight and can’t be missed as long as you go to Aquarfall in Act 2 or 3.
Kill the boss: Lord Hanshek
- Part of the Act 4 boss gauntlet, can’t be missed.
Kill the boss: Archon Nihr
- Part of the Act 4 boss gauntlet, can’t be missed.
Act 1Elder Dryad
Kill the boss: Elder Dryad
- Act 1: This boss is found by going to the Forest Glade event “The Moon Ritual” along the southern path and choosing to fight and take the moonstone.
Kill the boss: Yogger
- Act 1: This boss is found by going to the Bandit Camp event “Fresh Meat!” along the north path in the northeast and choosing to fight.
Kill the boss: Belphyor
- Act 1: This boss is found at The Hatch node event “The Suspicious Hatch”. You will have to go down into the hatch. You can guarantee this by jumping on the hatch, have a chance of success, or automatically succeed if you choose Cornelius’ unique option. Belphyor will be at the end of the hatch so if you get inside, you will reach him. Just choose to fight and defeat him.
Velkarath (Red portal)Astarios
Kill the boss: Astarios
- Act 2 or 3: In Velkarath (Red), go to the Coliseum event on the left-most pathway. Choose to fight in the arena yourself, and upon finishing all the preliminary rounds continue to fight the champion, Astarios.
Kill the boss: Erekhal
- Act 2 or 3: In Velkarath (Red), go along the bottom path to the Cult Temple node and fight. This boss fight is required to unlock Cornelius.
Kill the boss: Matriarch
- Act 2 or 3: In Velkarath (Red) go along the left-side path to the top part of the map to go to the Harpy Nest. Once there, choose to fight. This is also required to get the pet Sharpy (Which requires this to be done in Act 2).
Kill the boss: Minotaur
- Act 2 or 3: In Velkarath (Red) go to the Cave node in the middle path and go inside. You can also go to the Goblin Chieftain / Goblin Village event and accept their quest to go to the Cave. Choose combat and once finished you will get the achievement.
Aquarfall (Green portal)Tulah
Kill the boss: Tulah
- Act 2 or 3: In Aquarfall (Green) go along the left-side path to reach the spider cave in the bottom middle. At the exit of the spider cave you will fight Tulah.
Kill the boss: Rhodogor
- Act 2 or 3: In Aquarfall (Green) go along the northernmost path, taking the boat at either the South Pier (800 gold) or the Crocomen Mafia (1000 gold). Go to the Fisherman’s Hut node in the far northeast. Enter the hut (Some characters such as Thuls and Andarin can check for traps first to avoid being hurt at the start of the fight) and fight Rhodogor.
Faeborg (Blue portal)Graendor
Kill the boss: Graendor
- Act 2 or 3: In Faeborg (Blue), go along the leftmost path to reach the Elven Armory node just inside the northernmost city wall. Choose to fight here and you will fight Graendor.
Kill the boss: Fred
- Act 2 or 3: In Faeborg (Blue), go to the Mansion by either going through the middle path or across the water in the southern path (1000 gold). Once you reach the Mansion node, choose to combat the enemy. Unique options and going into other rooms usually result in not fighting Fred.
Kill the boss: Ursur
- Act 2 or 3: In Faeborg (Blue), go along the southern path and take the boat (1000 Gold). Go to “The Tyrant” node called “Beavers Finally Rest” and fight the boss there choosing either Combat or Ambush.
- This achievement is part of getting the three pets Chumpy, Champy, and Chompy (with Faeborg being the Act 3 destination and Velkarath (Red) being the Act 2 destination.
Auras and Curses
For a lot of the stacking achievements, cards which double your output can make getting it trivial. It can still be easy on some without that though. Oftentimes, getting the 200 stacks won’t be possible until a boss on act 3 or 4 simply due to not enough health. In addition to the tips below for just getting these values, some of the curses such as burn can be gotten by using equipment which grants 1-1 increases (For every x applied also apply x).
Stack 50/200 Block charges
- This is a simple achievement which will most likely be obtained naturally. Heiner is a great option if you are having any trouble and just use a lot of block cards. Fortress aura helps.
- Useful cards: Guard, Entrench, Reinforced Steel, Shield Wall, Steelskin (Particularly yellow)
- Useful traits: Heiner’s Steel Forge, Heiner’s Defense Mastery
- Useful perks: Fortress upgrade, Fortress ability granting maximum charges of 10.
Stack 50/200 Poison charges
- Easy to do with Thul. For an even easier time, take Magnus or Grukli as well.
- For Thul, cards which apply a lot of poison quickly in a thin deck along with the perk giving 2 charges for every 1 applied will make this come naturally in most late-game bosses. Good cards include: Poison Catalyst (Blue) (The most important card here). Doubles target poison and doesn’t vanish. Everything else is secondary and only meant to get you started. Otherwise: Blade Flurry (White), Poison Dart, Poison Flask, Viper Strike.
- The reason Magnus and Grukli can be useful here is due to their ability to have high output of bleed. If you use high bleed builds and then use Poisonous Blood (Yellow) it will transform bleed into 1.5x poison, meaning you only need 134 bleed when you use it. A corrupted (purple) version will be 2x poison, meaning only 100 bleed is needed.
- If you are still having trouble, you can use multiple scouts using multiple copies of Poison Catalyst in a thin deck paired with Poison Flask.
Stack 50/200 Bleed charges
- Similar to the poison stacking method. Magnus and Grukli are both excellent choices for this, and make sure you have the appropriate 2x for every 1 charge applied perk.
- Noteworthy cards include:
- Bleed Out (Blue) – doubles target bleed, Butchering (Yellow), Rend, Sever Artery
- If you’re having trouble, taking 2 or 3 warriors all with Bleed Out (blue) in thin decks you can vanish down to a few cards. Apply a base amount of poison from a card such as Butchering or Sever Artery, then cycle through only doing damage with Bleed Out.
Stack 50/200 Burn charges
- Will be easy and should come naturally in some of the later fights using Cornelius with the traits for burn which gives 2 charges for every 1 applied. Avoid wet/chill cards.
- If you’re having trouble, have a run where you have one of the later boss fights with Cornelius as your only damage dealer while everyone else supports/protects.
- Good cards for this include: Ignite (White or blue), Scorching Ray
Wrecking Ball/Siege Breaker
Stack 50/200 Crack charges
- One of the “harder” ones, but still totally do-able. I found it easiest to take two warriors, though three is also fine. Put on them the perk which gives 2 charge of cracked instead of 1. Personally I went with Ottis for healing/block, Wilbur for energy generation, and Heiner and Bree when I did this.
- The main useful card here is Siege Breaker, which doubles target cracked. Each cracked charge increases the damage taken by the enemy by 1, so you have to be careful about doing too much damage. Other good cards to take to get started on cracked are Bluff, Bludgeon (Yellow), and Skullsplitter (yellow).
- Once you get to a certain amount of cracked (25 – 50), start just focusing on healing and dispelling debuffs on yourself while you cycle your warrior decks to Siege Breaker. It can help to build very thin decks which dispel cards so you can get to the Siege Breaker draws quickly.
Stack 50/200 Fury charges
- Grukli is good here.
- Include the traits and perks for increasing fury.
- Take every Infuriate card you can get plus any other card to give fury.
- Burning blood plus Blood rage also can raise fury.
Stack 40 Sanctify charges
- This will be easy to get if you focus on sanctify cards. I found Reginald easiest to get this with. One card worth noting is Sanctification, which doubles target sanctify. Other noteworthy cards are Divine Ire (Large sanctify amount on a single card), Holy Blast (Applies sanctify equal to your bless), and Radiant Assault (Yellow) which will repeat 4 times for 25 sanctify in one turn. Due to high costs of these cards, pairing Reginald with Wilbur using energy regeneration cards makes it very easy.
Stack 40 Bless charges
- If you use Reginald as your main damage dealer and take cards which afflict sanctify and give you bless, you should get this one easily. If you’re having trouble, take a second healer slot like Nezglekt who can passively heal, and take healing and support cards with grant bless (such as Divine Power) to use it on Reginald and it will come quickly. As always, thin decks help.
Stack 40 Thorns charges
- Take Bree and this will come in no time. Good cards for this would be Garden of Thorns (Double your thorns) and Thousand Needles (Yellow) (Gives 22 thorns).
Stack 40 Regeneration charges
- Malukah works well for this achievement, but any of the healers will work well. It will probably come naturally, but you can use a thin deck that mostly vanishes and just cycle through high regeneration cards while prolonging the fight. Some examples of good cards for this would be Circle of Healing (4 – 6 regeneration), and Innervate (6 regeneration for 1 energy).
Stack 50/200 Chill charges
- There is no double chill card so you have to be able to apply it over time.
- Avoid using any character or cards which apply burn status.
- For this achievement, I specifically used Ottis to provide block and heal, Heiner to give tons of block, Wilbur which I put numerous energy regeneration cards on, and Zek with ice traits and perks to increase the ice generation by 2 instead of 1.
- Simply spend a fight (Such as the last fight in Faeborg or one of the main bosses in Act 4) having Wilbur only do energy generation for Zek, Heiner and Wilbur do healing/taunting/protection, and Zek just do chill generating attacks.
- Good cards to use: Winter Orb (Blue) (3 chill 4x times), Ice Lance (Yellow) (3 chill for 0 energy with low damage otherwise). Most chill generating cards work generally though.
Stack 50/200 Spark charges
- If you use Wilbur with the spark perks including the one which grants 2 instead of 1 as your main damage in any of the later fights, this should come naturally. If you’re having trouble getting it because Wilbur is such a beast, some tips you can do:
- Spend a fight with only Wilbur doing damage using spark generating cards and nobody else.
- If you still can’t get it, when you are upgrading Wilbur do not take the Voltaic Arc trait. While this trait is amazing and should almost always be taken, it will allow you to generate higher spark amounts on a boss for a very long time since spark won’t damage it.
Stack 40 Insane charges
- Probably the easiest one there is. Just use Nezglekt as your primary healer and it should come very quickly, even potentially in act 1. Also makes one of the best healing methods late game.
These will all come naturally just by playing the game. Claiming treasure specifically refers to the starting gold and shards you can collect based on previous runs.
- Spend 1 supply on town upgrades
- Spend 30 supply on town upgrades
- Spend 250 supply on town upgrades
- Casual Shooping
- Buy 5 items
- Buy 50 items
- Craftsman’s Assistant
- Craft 5 cards
- Craft 100 cards
- Master Craftman
- Craft 250 cards
- Upgrade 5 cards
- Upgrade 100 cards
- Upgrade 500 cards
- First Reward
- Claim 1 treasure
- Treasure Hoarder
- Claim 25 treasures
Card Unlocks – Across the Obelisk Achievements Guide 100%
These are all basically just unlocked by playing the game. Just make sure you have at least one person of the type you are trying to unlock on your team. You can unlock them faster by including more of the type you want, but these should all be completed normally before you finish the other achievements if you use a balanced party.
- Unlock 30 warrior cards
- Unlock 60 warrior cards
- Unlock 90 warrior cards
- Unlock 30 scout cards
- Unlock 60 scout cards
- Unlock 90 scout cards
- Unlock 30 mage cards
- Unlock 60 mage cards
- Unlock 90 mage cards
- Unlock 30 healer cards
- Unlock 60 healer cards
- Unlock 90 healer cards
Miscellaneous – Across the Obelisk Achievements Guide 100%
Most of these achievements should come naturally. Just keep playing and you will unlock them. The only exception is Adventurers Guild (Play 1 game in cooperative multiplayer) which requires the greatest challenge of all – finding a friend.
Deal 50/150/400 damage with a single hit
- There are many ways to do this achievement and it may come naturally. For 400 damage, try any of the following:
- Stack cracked on one of the late bosses until you hit for over 400.
- Stack poison or bleed to over 400
- Stack a large amount of insanity with Nezglekt and use Mind Twist (purple). Insanity charges will reduce resistance and then apply X equal to insanity damage + 18.
- Come up with your own solution! Any card with deals X damage based on another status effect paired with negative resistances can make this very possible. Just be careful not to do too much damage with other heroes first.
- Play 5 games
- Adventurer Guild
- Play 1 game in cooperative multiplayer
- Defeat the game
- Legendary Hero
- Master Madness Level 1
- Achieve Rank 5 with a Hero
- Achieve Rank 20 with a Hero
- Achieve Rank 35 with a Hero
- Kill 20 monsters
- Kill 200 monsters
- Kill 500 monsters
- Kill 10 Boss monsters
- Kill 50 Boss monsters
- Gain 5000 gold
- Filthy Rich
- Gain 100000 gold
- Gain 5000 shards
- Gain 100000 shards