There are multiple ways to play as a keeper in FIFA 20. This guide focuses on how to take control of your goalie mid-game, giving you the ability to fool online opponents.
How to Control the Goalkeeper
High-rated online players often rely on manual goalkeeping to make key saves. You can do this by clicking and holding in the right-stick, and then moving it around to control the keeper’s movement.
The full list of goalkeeper controls (outside of Be A Pro and Pro Clubs) are:
- Drop Kick: Circle or Square/B or X
- Throw/Pass: Cross/A
- Drop Ball: Triangle/Y
- Pick Up Ball: R1/RB
- Driven Throw: R1 & Cross/RB & A
- Driven Kick: R1 & Square/RB & X
- Move Goalkeeper: R3/RS (Hold) & Right-Stick
- GK Cover Far Post: R3/RS (Hold)
- Switch To GK: Touch Pad/View Button
- Rush Goalkeeper Out: Triangle/Y (Press & Hold)
- Goalkeeper Cross Intercept: Triangle/Y + Triangle/Y (Press & Hold)
The latter of these controls (Goalkeeper Cross Intercept) is brand-new to FIFA 20. With this, you can force the keeper out of goal to collect crosses, allowing you to nullify one-dimensional players online.