Welcome to our FINAL FANTASY V FPS Uncap guide. Trust me you want this if you have high refresh rate monitor.
FINAL FANTASY V Pixel Remaster FPS Uncap
How to do it Yourself
- Get a Hex Editor
- Edit gameassembly.dll in your FF5 game directory
- Search for 33 d2 8d 4a 3c
- Change the 3c value to 00 and save it
- You will have uncap fps, use riva tuner or something to limit to whatever you want.
- 125/200 seems to be good but i can play at even 333 fine in most cases.
- The higher you go the visuals are more smooth/less juddery but the menu inputs get way to fast
- Also good idea to set borderless mode if you dont care about vsync
- (Borderless has a ‘soft’ vsync anyway)
Seems like the menu inputs arent that fast anymore if you uncap the fps in most places. Spent more time on the pic than the fix.
Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster About
Final Fantasy V is the second Final Fantasy game to use the Active Time Battle (ATB) system, in which time flows continuously for both the player and enemies during combat. This system was first established in Final Fantasy IV, but in that game, there was no way to visibly anticipate which character’s turn would come up next. In Final Fantasy V, the player can see which playable character’s turn is next in battle, in the form of a time gauge—or “ATB Bar”—which fills according to a character’s speed. When the selected character’s turn arrives, the player can execute one of several commands, such as attacking the enemy with an equipped weapon, using a special ability or item, or changing the character’s row position. The ATB mechanic with a gauge, as seen in Final Fantasy V, would be used in the four following main titles in the series and remains a staple mechanic of the franchise.