Table of Contents Show
Welcome to our Disney Dreamlight Valley How to get Dream Shards guide. This guide will show you best farming methods and spots, and main uses (Dreamlight, Purified Night Shard and Tons of Quests). We know that there are people who have a hard time finishing the Disney Dreamlight Valley game. If you are one of those who find it difficult to finish the game, let’s take you to our Disney Dreamlight Valley guide.
How to get Dream Shards
Best farming methods and spots, and main uses (Dreamlight, Purified Night Shard and Tons of Quests)!
There are three ways to get Dream Shards: Clear Night Thorns, Feed Animals Their Favorite Food and Dig Up Sparkling Ground.
Clear Night Thorns
It is the best method to farm Dream Shards in the early game, since all areas are full of Night Thorns, you just have to remove thorns without stopping until they drop dream shards. Once removed they will reappear after time. So the method will not stop working in the mid and late game
Feed Animals Their Favorite Food
You can only feed them once a day, and if you give them their favorite food you will have a chance that they will drop dream shards. So since you are probably going to feed them anyway, you better know what their favorite food is:
- Squirrels — Peanuts (Remy’s restaurant.)
- Rabbits — Carrots (from seeds or Goofy’s stall in Peaceful Meadow.)
- Raccoons — Blueberries (bushes in Dazzle Beach and Forest of Valor.)
- Foxes — White Sturgeon (fishing spots in Frosted Heights.)
- Sea Turtles — Seaweed (fishing spot anywhere, or on the beach in Dazzle Beach.)
- Crocodiles — Lobster (gold fishing spots in Glade of Trust.)
- Orchid Sunbird — Orange Houseleek (Flower – Sunlit Plateau)
- Golden Sunbird — Sunflower (Flower – Dazzle Beach.)
- Red Sunbird — Red Bromeliad (Flower – Sunlit Plateau.)
- Emerald Sunbird — Green Passion Lily (Flower – Frosted Heights.)
- Turquoise Sunbird — Pink Houseleek (Flower – Sunlit Plateau.)
Dig Up Sparkling Ground
An additional and recently added method that is quite interesting, since although the probabilities are similar to the previous two, while you dig for Dream Shards, you will get other valuable resources, such as Clay or Soil
There are three main uses for Dream Shards: Quests, Dreamlight and Purified Night Shard:
- Quests: Many quests require Dream Shards to complete them, or to complete some intermediate step. If for example you want to complete Merlin’s quests to get rid of mushrooms, you will need dream shards. So it is an essential element to progress in the game, and for that reason alone we recommend that you farm them when you can.
- Dream Light: If you want to unlock new biomes you are going to need DreamLight, and the easiest way to get it is by crafting x10 Dream Shards in exchange for x250 Dreamlight. Again you see that it is essential to progress in the game.
- Purified Night Shard: It is possibly the best friendship boost you can give to a friend. His recipe is x2 Dream Shards + x5 Night Shards = x1 Purified Night Shard. We have already explained how to get Dream Shards before, but in case you don’t know how to get Night Shards: can be extracted from glowing dirt mounds