Table of Contents Show
In this content, you can read the terraria optimal npc setup and happines guide. There are certain settlements to regulate npc happiness in terraria. You can find them in our guide and we will provide terraria best npc setups for you.
We know that there are people who have a hard time finishing the Terraria game. If you are one of those who find it difficult to finish the game, let’s take you to our Terraria guide. Also be sure to check out our latest Terraria hoiks guide. Be sure, there are many things that you do not know yet that will be useful to you.
Updated on 02.5.2023
Terraria Optimal NPC Setup and Happiness Housing 1.4
Below I will provide an explanation for in a quick description why I have located who I have collectively in the identical household. I am open to reviews and different idea’s so sense free to comment and permit me know.
Terraria NPC Happiness
If you already know what happiness is and the way it outcomes the NPC, sense free to skip this part.
In the new 1.4 update, NPCs now have individual choices about living close to other NPCs or what biome they stay in which in turn affects their costs. The lowest fees they are able to get all the way down to are 75% of the original fee when they’re happy. The highest fees they can stand up to are 150% of the original price.
So, this device blessings gamers who treat their NPCs with care and now not don’t simply cramp all of them into one small box. You will need to elevate the happiness of any NPC Vendor before they’ll sell you Pylons for the biome they’re currently in. You may have a max of 2 NPCs inside 25 blocks and a max of four NPCs within a hundred and twenty blocks, otherwise it’ll be considered “over crowded” and raise expenses for all NPCs affected.
Get extra of a reduction for putting them with NPCs they love vs just like. If you positioned them with NPCs they dislike or hate, then costs will move up. This would not have an effect on the Travling or Skeleton Merchant; they use exclusive mechanics which I’ll cover below.
Optimal NPC Preview
- Guide + Merchant – Near/in your foremost base inside the forest
- Zoologist + Golfer – Anywhere at the least 25 blocks faraway from the Guide and Merchant so that you do not get terrible happiness
Prior to shifting the Tax Collector (or Santa) you will need to transport Mechanic and Cyborg to the snow biome and buy the pylon.
- Santa – Likes the snow but hates Tax Collector so make sure he’s far sufficient away
- Tax Collector + Any NPC Pet – Likes the snow, I’m now not sure if happiness impacts how much/rapid he makes money needs testing but will maximum probable flow him as soon as I get Santa. Need 2 NPCs to use the Pylon and pets remember as an NPC to use Pylons.
- Steampunk + Cyborg – Best charges for Steampunk, she loves Cyborg and Desert and Cyborg likes Steampunk
- Gun Dealer + Nurse – Getting satisfactory charge from Gun Dealer
- Witch Doctor + Dryad – They just like the jungle and each different
- Painter + Clothier – Painter likes the jungle and wished a spot to put the Clothier (I do not value him very excessive if you can’t tell he is free to roam)
- Pirate + Angler – Best fees for Pirate for buying gadgets to reinforce your defenses for invasions
- Stylist + Dye Trader – Best charges for Stylist, she loves the Dye Trader and Ocean
- Truffle + Any NPC Pet – Truffle will spawn on Mushroom surface, however you will want to create it manually first while in hardmode. Need 2 NPCs to use the Pylon and pets matter as an NPC to use Pylons. You will need to move any other NPC (Dryad for example) with Truffle to shop for the Pylon first then you may circulate the Dryad out and move the Pet in
- Wizard + Party Girl – They both like Hallow and each other
- Demolitionist + Tavernkeep – Love each other and likes underground, desirable to have the pylon right here for gem tree farm
- Goblin Tinkerer + Mechanic – Best charges for reforging with the Goblin Tinkerer
Terraria Traveling and Skeleton Merchants
His costs are maximum the the closer he’s to the initial spawn. The further away he’s from the initial spawn the decrease his prices are. He has a risk to randomly spawn every day next to 2 NPC’s. So make certain to have city in Ocean biome and what ever biome is next in your dungeon and wish he spawns there for the lowest fees.
His prices and item he sells are suffering from the phase of moon which I will display the charge exchange below. During the sunlight hours his expenses will pass up 10% and all through night time time there may be no effect to prices. Note that he spawns randomly underground and could despawn as soon as he’s off.
Terraria NPC Layout
Here is an instance of the format I will be using. 8 x 8 11 x 8 eight x eight (counting outer walls).
This leaves room for you to add a few chests or decorations if you want around the pylon.
|NPC||How To Unlock|
|Guide||Unlocked by default|
|Merchant||Have a total of 50 Silver|
|Nurse||Have more than 100 Health|
|Demolitionist||Obtain an explosive|
|Dye Trader||Obtain dye|
|Angler||Find at the beach|
|Dryad||Defeat any boss other than the Wall of Flesh or the Slime King|
|Painter||Unlock 8 other NPCs|
|Golfer||Speak to him in the underground Desert|
|Zoologist||Filled 10% of Bestiary|
|Arms Dealer||Obtain bullets or a gun|
|Tavernkeep||Defeat the Brain of Cthulhu or the Eater of Worlds|
|Stylist||Free her inside a spider cave|
|Goblin Tinkerer||Defeat the Goblin Invasion|
|Witch Doctor||Defeat the Queen Bee|
|Mechanic||Found in dungeon|
|Party Girl||With 14 NPCs, she will have a small chance to spawn|
|NPC||How To Unlock|
|Wizard||Found in Cavern|
|Tax Collector||Use Purification Powder in the Underworld|
|Truffle||Create a surface Glowing Mushroom biome|
|Pirate||Defeat the Pirate Invasion|
|Steampunker||Defeat Skeletron Prime, The Destroyer, or The Twins|
|Princess||Unlock all other NPCs besides Santa Claus|
|Santa Claus||Defeat the Frost LegionOnly available from December 15 to December 31|
2 thoughts on “Terraria Optimal NPC Setup and Happiness 1.4”
Thanks for this guide! I have never bothered about putting my npc’s in different biomes, but now I will for sure do so!
Hey. Nice. Thanks. This works great for me. If you want ultra specific detailed guides on npc happiness to find the best prives for the yaw you love to play (and pay), then find something else. If you want functionality at the cost of maybe a few gold every once and a while (over time), this is your setup. Been using this guide since happiness was a thing, and it still works great. Nice job on writing this, and for players, go ahead and use this setup. It works great. GGs buddy 🙂