Welcome to our Victoria 3 FIX General Error for Settings.formatVersion guide. Need help fixing the “General Error” for a Settings.formatVersion issue? We’ve got you covered!
We know that there are people who have a hard time finishing the Victoria 3 game. If you are one of those who find it difficult to finish the game, let’s take you to our Victoria 3 guide.
Victoria 3 FIX General Error for Settings.formatVersion
Need help fixing the “General Error” for a Settings.formatVersion issue? We’ve got you covered!
As of launch day, I encoutered the pictured issue in the Paradox launcher:
Thankfully the launcher settings are easy to find, and as JSON, is easily editable by any text editor!
1. Right-click on Victoria 3 in your steam library. Find and click “Browse local files”.
2. You should see a window open to your local Victoria 3 installation. Open the “launcher” folder.
3. Open “launcher-settings.json” with any basic text editor (not Word!).
4. Find the “formatVersion” value, which should be at the top. It was “1.1” for me; change it to just “1” (sans quotes).
5. Relaunch, and you should be good!
We hope this helps!
About Victoria 3
SHAPE A WONDERFUL FUTURE
- Paradox Development Studio invites you to build your ideal society in the turmoil of the 19th century, full of excitement and change. Balance the conflicting interests in your society and achieve the position you deserve in Victoria 3, one of the most beloved games in Paradox history.
ULTIMATE COMMUNITY SIMULATOR
- Lead dozens of nations from 1836-1936. State of Agriculture or Industry, Traditional or Radical, Peaceful or Expansive… The choice is yours.
- Detailed population groups with their own economic needs and political aims.
- Reform your government and constitution to take advantage of new societal innovations, or keep your nation stable in the face of revolutionaries by sticking to tradition.
- Research transformative new technologies or ideas to improve your national standing.
DEEP ECONOMIC SYSTEM
- Grow your industry to take advantage of profitable goods and tax profits to increase national welfare.
- Import cheap raw materials to meet your basic needs and find new markets for your finished products.
- Safe products vital to fuel your advanced economy and control the fate of empires.
- Strike a balance between existing workforce employment and the needs of new types of workers.