One of the issues in our games is the desire to build further North, but we cant until we level up some and travel there – but in order to achieve that we must complete Journeys to unlock and craft items. This Conan Exiles Crafting guide is my quick and easy solution to working towards our goal of moving North. In addition to making a temporary crafting area and shelter, the every present “uneven” ground presents another hurdle.
Conan Exiles Crafting Guide
Welcome to our Conan Exiles Crafting Guide. This guide is our quick and easy solution to working towards out goal of moving North. One of the issues in our games is the desire to build further North, but we cant until we level up some and travel there – but in order to achieve that we must complete Journeys to unlock and craft items.
In order to do that without Console Command Shortcuts (cheats), we need to craft better gear & weapons. Our dilemma is needing to build the crafting stations, but at the same time not wanting something extravagant to destroy and rebuild somewhere else. So a temporary solution is what we were trying to find. In addition to making a temporary crafting area and shelter, the every present “uneven” ground presents another hurdle.
1) Using a foundation resolves the issue of uneven ground.
Since this is early game basic building material is used.
2) Raise the foundation block depending on the ground at the area/spot you are using.
3) Drop a 4×4 section of foundation block.
No walls being added.
4) Start doing Journeys to “unlock” crafting skills and stations.
5) As you unlock and build crafting stations, place them around the Edge of your foundation.
As a bonus, at least for me, always wanting to line things up (lol), the edge provides a guide for placement.
6) This 4×4 layout allows me to place, as I unlocked them: Tannery, Tanner’s Table, Furnace, Blacksmith’s Bench, Armorer’s Bench, Carpenter’s Bench, Firebowl Cauldron, and Dryer. I left one spot open for area access and placed my Well just outside. (needed to build to unlock another skill)
7) This is still somewhat early game, so I am skipping Alchemy, Artisan and Tinker Station until I move to my permanent location (North).
Amusingly the game decided to give me a Sandstorm as I was running setting up stations, so I quickly drop 2 more foundation blocks (at far end of image1- see image2) and made a quick 1×2 shelter with a roof. I did not have much health left once I get inside, barely made it =)
I placed my bedroll inside and added a nicer looking roof once I unlocked it.
We hope you found this useful! We thought there may be other newer players that could use this as a starting point. Veteran Players have probably long since figured out what works best for them.
Nothing fancy – no walls etc – just allowing access without any fuss to crafting so we can level and gear my character.
Once we get better gear, steel weapons & tools, we will begin my journey north for my permanent build. By that time we will have access to upgraded building materials, upgraded crafting stations and it is just a matter of gathering again and placing my upgraded crafting stations – and finding Thralls to do the work.