Table of Contents Show
- Do Not Feed the Monkeys Wiki Walkthrough Guide
- Dingy Apartment Cage [Special]
- Old Lady Cages [Special]
- Foreign Language Cage
- Elevator Cage
- Typewriter Cage
- VHS Cage
- Attic Cage
- Gas Station Cage
- Office with Mirror Cage
- Cassady Cage
- Spaceship Cages
- Greenhouse Cages
- Veranda Cage
- Recording Studio Cages
- Pregnant Lady Cages
- Low-Interaction Cages
- Betting Cage [Special]
- Egyptian Bust [Special]
- Local Forest Security Cam Cage
- Wheat Field Cage
- No-Interaction Cages
- Doll Cage
- Digsite Cage
- Prison Cage
- Mannequin Display Cage
- Tires Cage
- Billboard Cage
- Underwater Cage
- Do Not Feed the Monkeys Cage Collectibles
- Do Not Feed the Monkeys Mailman Collectibles
Welcome to our Do Not Feed the Monkeys wiki page. Here you will find the required finish to complete the game 100%.
Updated 16 February, 2023
Do Not Feed the Monkeys Wiki Walkthrough Guide
There are three “full game” endings to achieve – well, I say achieve, but I don’t think any of them have an achievement just for getting the ending. I don’t yet know the actual requirements, so instead I’ll share what I was shooting for when I happened to attain them.
- Mediocre Monkey – Ignore all observation study requests, while still ascending monkey ranks.
- Obedient Monkey – Fulfill all observation study requests, while still ascending monkey ranks.
- Enlightened Monkey – Fulfill all observation study requests, while still ascending monkey ranks.
4. Fail to ascend monkey ranks.
5. Uninstall the program.
6. Let your health or hunger hit 0/100.
7. Don’t pay rent. On the 5th day, you are evicted.
8. Sell cocaine (keeping it is ok)
9. Send plant killer to the greenhouse, confess on the phone call.
Dingy Apartment Cage [Special]
There is a special observation study asking for the address of this cage. Completing this study will have consequences. Like getting paid $$!
There’s an achievement for calling his favorite food place and paying 14$ to get his usual delivered.
- 10:00, the monkey wakes up and goes to his computer.
- 10:45 the monkey receives a visitor named Pete. keywords for the neighborhood
- 13:40 monkey returns to computer
- 14:15 food delivery. keywords for food place
- 16:20 returns to computer. apparently this is how long it takes to receive a food delivery
- 17:00 monkey eats fried chicken only after it has chilled for 40 minutes.
- 18:55 pete returns. keywords for neighborhood
- 21:45 returns to computer
- 22:00 eats more cold fried food
- 1:00 goes to sleep
- Give correct address to the study. At 8:00 the cameras show static, at 9:00 the apartment is trashed and you get a news article that he is killed. Funding him beforehand does not prevent this, and you can’t interact with him afterwards to scare him off.
- Fund him fully – he asks for more funding two times, so it ends up costing 25+25+15. This gives you a special job as a social worker.
- Tell him to stop eating Angelo’s; he’ll realize he’s being watched and leave immediately.
Old Lady Cages [Special]
- 10:00 First visit of day
- 12:45 Goes to vault
- 14:45 Leaves house
- 16:00 Returns
- 19:00 (sometimes) second visit
- 22:15 (sometimes) second vault
1. Contact the IRS and provide video of her with the hidden safe, she will end up in an asylum.
2. Special observation study – provide the correct time that she is away from cage, she will be robbed and end up in an asylum.
3. Blackmail her for money.
4. Blackmail her for a collectible. She will disconnect the cameras too, which results in an ominous warning and scratches on your door. Trying to sell the collectible reveals it as a fake which only sells for a couple hundred.
Blackmailing her does not prevent completing the special observation study and getting her robbed, tho!
Foreign Language Cage
She gets a phone call at least once a day and watches Autumn Place at least once a day, which is where you’ll pick up your keywords. You can get her name Peole Zmeriss, as well as the four groups Cows, Love, Hate, and Sex. Then you can call her and “communicate”.
1. Call and select Cows 3 times: She purchases a cow, which now lives in her kitchen.
2. Call and select Love 3 times: She reconciles with her brother (I think?), who now lives with her instead of her partner (?). You get an achievement and a special job working for her brother (?).
3. Call and select Hate 3 times: A news article appears the next day – she killed her brother and then immediately turned herself in.
4. Call and select Sex 3 times: She will show up at your door within an hour, complete with leather outfit and accoutrements. You can tell her to leave, or pay her 50$. She leaves her whip behind as a collectible.
There’s a janitor and a doll here. after several days, the janitor dies. however, you can gather information to call and convince his wife, which will result in being saved the next day.
- 23:00 Wakes up
- __ Starts reading
- 3:00 Finishes reading
- 4:00 Starts writing
- 5:00 Finishes writing
- 6:40 Goes back to sleep
It’s super important to catch when he wakes up because that’s when he reads his romance novel, and the romance novel wordgroup is necessary to convince his wife. you need to see this more than once, because one day’s worth of keywords is not enough to get the wordgroup.
- 15:00 Break time
- 17:15 Back to typing
- 19:00 Blond monkey receives a phone call
- 20:00 Fiona bates arrives. she is the correct answer for the voluntary observation study, which asks who the female alpha monkey is.
- 22:00 Fiona bates leaves
- 22:45 Back to typing
- 0:00 Their shift finishes
- 01:30 Monkeys leave cage
You can call gus and ask the group to write for you. he’ll immediately ask for a title, which you choose from wordgroups. anything with fiona bates will result in her suing, which just means you don’t get money from the book. complicated words and fluids will make the book unpopular. having both sadness and happiness in the title will give the best result, and you’ll get some money. there’s also an achievement for fluids/fluids title.
- First visit of day
- Second visit of day
- 20:00 watches vhs tapes on freedonia war
Call him and tell him the past was great: he decides to return to freedonia
Call him and tell him the past sucked: he flees, ends up in an asylum and dies
Shock.tv will not accept videos of him
This cage contains one monkey, who appears a few times a day to take pictures with a telescope-looking camera. Clicking on all of the environment will give you enough keywords to get the group “Attic”. The monkey will talk to themselves about the subject of their photo, which will fairly quickly lead you to several more groups.
1. Record the monkey while photographing and send it to Shock.tv: monkey is arrested the next day
2. Record the monkey while photographing, call monkey, blackmail monkey for money: you receive money every few days.
3. Record the monkey while photographing, call monkey, blackmail monkey for limo rides: pretty sure this gets you its own collectible and achievement, haven’t done it yet
4. Record the monkey while photographing, call applegate’s manager, tell everything: monkey is arrested and you receive a collectible of 3 photographs
5. Call applegate’s manager and tell everything without evidence: monkey is arrested and you receive a collectible of 1 photograph
6. I think you can also call the monkey and scare it into leaving? not sure
Gas Station Cage
The environment will give you keywords for gas and Heaven Hills. The license plates scanned are a replaceable keyword.
In my experience, there is only one plate that gives any results, and it will be from a very obvious vehicle.
This vehicle only shows up at night.
It’ll be a giant truck with random victims smashed into the front. You can record it, pick up the “crash” keyword, and pick up the plate number.
Searching this vehicle’s plate number will produce pending investigation into lewd conduct, nudity, collisions, etc. for a Colin Trewin. You can search his name to find his phone number. Searching with “crash” and “Heaven Hills” bring up articles about the Loco Trucker and a local militia that wants to shoot him, run by Kimberly Pegg. Search her name to find out more about the militia, as well as get her messenger contact.
1. Call colin trewin and tell him you know he is the loco trucker, and then that they should turn themselves in. eventually, they agree. this counts as a good action for the plant. however, an article the next day explains that while they initially turned themselves in, the police van crashed and the pair fled nude.
2. Call colin trewin and tell him you know he is the loco trucker, and then agree to stay silent in exchange for a cut of the profits from their videos. the money comes in every .. day? or every few days, i don’t remember
3. Record the loco trucker and send it to shock.tv. the couple is found dead the next day
4. Record the loco trucker and send it to kimberly pegg. the couple is found dead the next day. she rewards you by tattooing your chat avatar on the backsides of everyone in their group.
Office with Mirror Cage
- 13:00 to 14:45, this monkey will speak on the phone with a client. You can pick up enough keywords to deduce the monkey’s job. This monkey is a financial advisor.
- 15:00, the monkey will leave his cage.
- 17:00, the monkey returns to his cage and speaks to another client.
- 17:45, “low cost” key word
- 18:00 call ends
Searching “financial advisor” + “low cost” will bring up the monkey’s MeetaU profile, revealing his name “Jonathan Dull”. Search this to acquire his phone number. You may now call the monkey – he will only pick up while in his office and not already in a call. You might receive new keywords if you hadn’t picked them up earlier… but you probably did, since you had enough to figure out his phone.
20:00 to 22:00, a phone call, but not from a client. You may receive a few keywords in the stage name circle.
00:00 the monkey will dance for us. The important keyword is Shewolf of Wall Street, which she will say at the beginning and end of the dance. You can record her dancing, however Shock.tv will not accept the video.
2:00 the monkey leaves her cage.
- 10:00 he returns to his cage.
- 13:00 phone call
- 13:50 “low cost” keyword
- 14:20 phone call ends
- 15:00 leaves cage
- 17:00 returns, second client phone call
- 17:45 “low cost” key word
- 18:00 call ends
- 20:00 call with agent
- 21:30 call ends
- 00:00 dances; “Shewolf of Wall Street” keyword
- 01:20 “Shewolf of Wall Street” keyword
- 01:30 leaves cage.
This then repeats every day without your interference.
Three cage endings
Call and inform the monkey that you are honored to speak with the Shewolf of Wall Street.
- Advise the monkey to follow her dreams. She will leave her cage forever, and asks you to be her new agent. She gives you money every few days for this.
- Advise the monkey to give up on his dreams. He no longer receives calls from his agent or dances, and his client calls indicate he is horrifically depressed. You will receive his beloved wig in the mail, which gives you his achievement. Huzzah!
- Blackmail the monkey. He will not respond well, and you are no longer able to interact with him. To be fair, you had a lot of warnings…
Shock.tv is not interested in videos of her, unfortunately.
- Send her alcohol two days in a row, call, ask for a claims settlement. She won’t ask for a policy number, and you can get a couple hundred bucks.
- Send her alcohol three days in a row. She will die in another drunk driving incident.
12:00 daily transmission
Record the transmission and you can send it to Shock.tv
If you send 3 videos, the captain will be saved. If you call her son and tell her you’re saving her, the captain will send you a starry umbrella collectible as thanks
The gardener gets a new clone every day. You’ll need the second cage to see why, and get the name of the plant. Shock.tv thinks it’s fake, sadly. That’ll get you his name and number. You gotta search the lyrics when you call so that you can give the correct responses, which briefly breaks the mind control.
He’ll ask you to send something to kill the plant. Send eco psycho to his address. The plant calls immediately afterwards and tries to get you to confess your plans.
- Refuse to confess, the plant is killed, the guy’s happy and gives you money.
- Confess. Everyone who comes to your door will be accompanied by clones. The following day is a game over for betraying humanity to be a plant slave.
- Purchase the chemistry set and send it to them. The kid will make some sort of deadly fumes and they all die.. or run away? Probably die.
- Send a recording of them yelling at the kid to CHPO. They’ll take the kid away.
I did try sending the video game console, but it was rejected.
Recording Studio Cages
Use his song lyrics to find his name, then find his birthplace, call the tourist agency thing there and they’ll give you his address and his phone number for money. You can send him nolopaine without talking to him, he will complete his record and die but you don’t get the collectible. Doing nothing he will just die. Talking to him and sending him nolopaine will probably give you a gold record collectible.
Pregnant Lady Cages
Use the daytime conversation to pick up weather keywords, search to find whoopee weather, contact whoopee weather and pay them to forecast rain. The husband will use his coat and umbrella, removing it from view (he puts it somewhere else after, so you only need to do this once). Now you can see with night vision that the dad is, in fact, a demon.
Demon and chili peppers should give you his name, Red Fred, and searching that should bring up his stalker, the exorcist Maximilian Frye, and his phone number. I think he picks up the phone at all times actually, and he says he wants you to tell him when the lady and Fred are together, so he can exorcise Fred once and for all.
- Call Max right at the start of their nightly talks. This kills Fred, but also causes an explosion and kills the lady and husband too. He does give you a new job of dubious usefulness.
- Call and lie to Max at a time when they are not together, which kills Max and gets you a news article about his immolation the next day.
- You can also just wait out the pregnancy, which just means they move out and you get a news article about a horned baby the next day.
These cages are easy and usually have only one ending.
Betting Cage [Special]
Once you figure out that this is sport shots in los dunas, you can call them and bet on monkey fighting. I didn’t actually do it, but it’s safe to assume this is a negative action of dubious monetary value. The security system is off when the green light turns red and the phone operators stop picking up, at 22:00.
Providing the correct time to the study will result in sport shots getting robbed the next day.
Egyptian Bust [Special]
You need to wait for the crowd to part before you can snag the third keyword, Amenhopis V. Internet searches reveal this exhibit is at Central Museum, curated by Kevin Elgin. You will get an observation request for his phone number; if provided, at the start of the next day, the bust’s pupils will become off-center. This is the only way to close the cage.
Local Forest Security Cam Cage
- 20:00 the cage is too dark to see without nightvision.
- 22:00 a new keyword will appear. Use nightvision to pick up “trihorn deer”
- 00:00 they leave.
- 6:00 the cage is light enough to see without nightvision.
You may receive a routine observation study for the location of this cage. The correct answer is Barret County. You’ll receive 70$ in an hour of sending your response.
From the environment, you can immediately pick up the precise location of this cage, as well as “rabbit”, “squirrel”, and possibly sometimes “fox” (boyfriend claims he saw it, but didn’t click it).
Searching the location will give you the keyword “Barret County”, which then gives you “hunters”. “Hunters” and “trihorn deer” gives you a local hunting club, whom you can send a nightvision video of the deer. They’ll hunt them down, permanently. You can catch this on video and send it to Shock.tv. They’ll also send you a mount of a deer head, albeit with one horn broken.
Wheat Field Cage
- You may receive a routine observation study asking for the field’s town. A correct answer pays out 75$ within an hour.
- This cage pans back and forth over a wheat field. On the left edge, you can pick up “windmill”, and on the right, “antenna”. Several times a day, an “antique locomotive” will pass by on the tracks.
- Searching “antique locomotive” with either “windmill” or “antenna” will give you “The Old Hay Train”. Searching “The Old Hay Train” will bring up its full route, giving you the key words “Anderson City”, “Sharp Mountains”, “Browning Fields”, and “Wet Willow Woods”.
- Searching for each of these key terms brings up further information about each of those towns’ areas.
- “Browning Fields” is mentioned to have an antennae, and the search shows a map with nearby wheat fields. This is the correct location.
- On day 3, a crop circle will appear. Searching “crop circle” brings up the website of a monkey interested in crop circles. If you call this monkey and provide him the correct location of the crop circle, he will reward you the next day.
These cages don’t appear to be interactable.
The doll moves closer over time, and eventually disappears. It never happens while you’re watching, it just waits for you to go to sleep or for the 9:00 day rollover. You’ll get a news article about a family’s brutal murder with a picture of the doll, and then the doll delivers itself to you. I spent several days with the doll and did not myself get murdered despite my fears, so, free collectible? Also apparently if you sell it, it will return after a few days…
Either a ufo, a dinosaur skeleton, or a human skeleton with a shopping cart will be revealed slowly over several days.
This is a political dissident who will eventually die and show up in news.
Mannequin Display Cage
Although they change occasionally on day change, I’m not sure there’s any order to it. Themes seen: 20s, 60s, 80s, Space Futuristic, and then store closed.
A small fire starts in the distance on day 2, spreads a little on day 3, and then the whole thing is tires on fires.
A variety of slightly humorous but mostly boring messages can appear.
At some point, a dead body will be sent to sleep with the fishes. it rots over time.
- Turbine Cage
- Highway Cage
- Pendulum Cage
- ATM Cage
- Airport Cage
- Train Tracks Cage
- Garage Door Cage
- Microwave Cage
- Laundromat Cage
- Altar Cage
- Lighthouse Cage
- Doberman Cage
Days always start at 9:00. Cage timelines start when they become active at day start, not from the start of your game.
You do not die from lack of sleep. At around 10/100 sleep, you will fall asleep for 4 hours. It takes about 48 hours to go from 100 to 0 sleep. 1 hour of sleep gives 6 points.
Day 2 16:00 is when the Witnesses drop off a plant. They come by to check on it once, and then come by to pick it up. The plant is affected positively or negatively by your actions, and there’s an achievement for getting a very positive and a very negative plant picked up. Most positive/negative actions are pretty intuitive.
There are 3 achievements for collecting items, increasing in number of items required. You have to have them all at once, you can’t sell the items if you want the achievement. You can get collectibles from certain cages – you do need to be home to get them, if you miss the delivery too many times the mailman will give up – and from lying to the mailman about apartment 36.
Do Not Feed the Monkeys Cage Collectibles
- Shewolf of Wall Street’s wig: Tell him to give up on his dreams.
- Starry Umbrella: Save the Nova 7 captain AND tell her son that you’re going to save her
- Dictator’s Hat: Encourage Henkel to return to his country.
- Signed photographs for informing Applegate’s manager about Dooley, OR, naked photographs for blackmailing Dooley.
- Expensive egg: blackmail philanthropist
- Killer doll: having doll cage.
- Whip: Call Peole and select the sex wordgroup 3 times, pay her 50$ when she shows up.
- Bible: Have a really good plant when the witnesses come to pick it up.
Do Not Feed the Monkeys Mailman Collectibles
- Yellow Flowers
- Chloroform, but it’s broken slightly so you just go to sleep for a bit.
- Cocaine (Selling this ends your game)
- Orthopedic Leg
- Living Heart
- Urn with Ashes
- Christmas Lights
- Cherry Pie
5 thoughts on “Do Not Feed the Monkeys Wiki Walkthrough Guide”
1) Mediocre Monkey I have never seen it.
2) Obedient Monkey ending is the part where your masters consider you an interesting specimen and make your room their newest Cage and turns you into their newest monkey.
3) Enlightened Monkey ending is the part where you are given Dead Cold Buddy disguised as “Drink this Cold Beverage” and out of obedience and trust for your masters, you commit suicide.
In my playthrough, I never sent the Cult any information (as you indirectly murder/rob people by doing that) and I uninstalled the App after helping everyone before day 15 finished. Working with the FBI is the best ending this game has to offer, even though you live in constant fear of the cult.
What about the Liquor store?
If you call the betting cage you can also place bets and profit if you win. Obviously not after the office is “closed for maintenance.”
You can record a video of Fiona Bates when she comes in to office and yells at her writers and post it to shock.tv.
1 – Humdrum Monkey: You get this ending if you have closed too few cages.
2 – Tame Monkey: You get this ending if you have closed enough cages, but do
not have a great morals score.
3 – Enlightened Monkey: You get this ending if you have closed enough cages,
and also have a great morals score.