Table of Contents Show
A Behemoth is a ship which is larger than a Carrier. The Behemoth’s ultimate purpose is to evolve and become specialized. For the most part of the game however, it will have a multi-purpose role determined by its equipped modules and can be used economically or militarily.
- Behemoths will start with x1 multipliers on their modules. Unlocking new hull types will increase this multiplier up to x8
- Behemoths will start with a base of HP, and unlocking new hull types will increase this value
- A player will be able to field a limited number of Behemoths at a given time. This limit can be increased by researching more Behemoth-specific technologies (or building a specific improvement)
- A Behemoth is the only ship in its fleet. It has a specific size, role, and takes 10CP
- Behemoth content is unlocked in the tech tree as Behemoth specific technologies. Behemoth techs are visually distinct from regular ones
- A Behemoth’s possible actions on the galaxy map are determined by its equipped modules
The actions are detailed below.
- The Behemoth will be able to place mining probes on uncolonized planets. The strategic and luxury resources for which the player has the technology will be mined
- Mining probes have a set duration
Placing the Behemoth in orbit of an owned or allied system will provide FIDS bonuses to the system
Research: Placing the Behemoth over a special node will provide research points and possibly other research discounts linked to Special node type
Analyzer: Placing the Behemoth over a special node will intensify the effect of the Special node for the system which has influence over it and/or generate strategic resources
All these modules require the player to have the corresponding anomaly/terraformation technologies unlocked.
Anomaly Reduction: Allows the Behemoth to reduce anomalies on neutral planets
Terraformation: Allows the Behemoth to terraform neutral planets
Rejuvenation: Allows the Behemoth to refill depleted planets and to reassemble destroyed planets
- Provides more military slots to the Behemoth
- Unlocks the tractor beam to be used in Behemoths or Carriers: prevents the enemy retreating from space battles
Once the corresponding Behemoth-tech has been researched, it can become specialized in the one that was unlocked. Specialization is permanent and changes the hull of the Behemoth. A specialized Behemoth can be embedded in a fleet alongside other ships.
Largest and strongest military ship in the game:
- x8 Multiplier
- 10 CP
- Can unlock a special “Ion Wave” ability: destroys all fleets on node (including owned fleet) but leaves the Battleship deactivated for X turns (can’t move on the map nor attack in space battle)
The Obliterator is a System destroyer which has a quite weak hull with a very limited amount of slots:
- Can fire a missile for free once every 20 turns
- The action can be sped up by paying a Quadrinix and Orichalcix cost which decreases as the timer decreases
- The missile travels on the map and needs X turns to reach its destination:
- On impact, the missile will destroy the entire system:
- All planets are destroyed
- The sun type might change
- All player owned assets are destroyed
- Players can build a shield to keep their assets and suffer only 50% of damages on them
- Citadels provide a native Obliterator shield (you can reach 100% protection on a Citadel, see below for more details)
- Systems with a sun type “None” can’t be targeted by the Obliterator
The Behemoth embeds itself onto a system and transforms it into a Citadel (so you don’t have a ship anymore)
- Provides strong defensive bonuses to the system (more manpower, stronger local troops)
- Provides a native Obliterator shield
- Prevents free move for enemies on this node
- Provides a native guard on the system (no need to have fleets in orbit)
- Unlock specific Citadel star system improvements that can only be built on Citadels:
- Planetary Batteries, which will fire during space battles (but won’t take part otherwise)
- Other improvements will focus on defense or industry/science
2 thoughts on “Endless Space 2 Behemoth Guide”
I can’t find a behemoth in my tech tree. I’ve unlocked all the tech. Which race has it or do you need a quest?
It requires the 2nd DLC fonkin . Also check map options before starting.