Table of Contents Show
Red Dead Online Game Mechanics
Red Dead Online is based on a similar scheme as the previously published Grand Theft Auto Online. The authors used the content developed for the purposes of Red Dead Redemption 2 and complementing it with multi-person elements. Players thus find themselves in America at the end of the Wild West era, with a vast area full of interesting places and NPCs, as well as numerous activities. The latter include both fictionalized missions and classic multiplayer modes, and the game features attractions for fans of both cooperation and competition-based play. There are also some borrowings from the original Red Dead Redemption multiplayer mode.
Red Dead Online uses the same audiovisual setting as the basic Red Dead Redemption 2. The game is available for free to buyers of the core version of the game, but functions as a completely separate production.
Red Dead Online Tips & Tricks
This page contains tips, tricks, and strategies to help you while you explore the world of Red Dead Online.
- You can only have one Red Dead Online character at a time.
- Your starting camp region/location is randomized.
- Your available options for clothing during the tutorial are also randomized – some of the items may be locked behind level requirements after this point, so be sure to equip as many items that you like as possible starting out!
- Purchasing “Exclusive” Outfits (Ultimate Edition/Pre-Order bonuses) in the store will not unlock the individual items for each outfit. You CAN change out items from your collection into that outfit, then save it as a custom one, but you cannot add pieces of an
- Exclusive Outfit piecemeal to your wardrobe.
- Pay attention to the pop-up indicator when beginning a Stranger (Free-Roam) Mission to see what it will do to your honor.
- Like in Red Dead Redemption 2, holding X while activating Cinematic Camera will engage Auto-Ride.
- You cannot remove your saddle and place it on a wild horse you’ve tamed.
- While you cannot “interact” with the NPCs like you can in single-player, they seem to understand emotes, even if they don’t react.
- Items bought in your Free Roam catalog will be delivered to your camp or any Post Office instantly.
- If you Fast Travel, any hunted goods you have stored on your horse WILL DISAPPEAR.