Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the most visually stunning games to come out in recent years. However, the game’s high system requirements can make it difficult for some players to achieve a smooth and stable frame rate. In this article, we will discuss the best settings to boost your FPS in Red Dead Redemption 2.
November 12, 2023: We updated RDR 2 Best Graphic Settings for FPS guide! Still working.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Best Graphic Settings & FPS BOOST
Red Dead Redemption 2 FPS Boost, follow it step by step, we guarantee you will see an increase. With these settings we have made, you will see +50 FPS increase in Red Dead Redemption 2. This guide guarantees 100% FPS boost!
Salutations Non Epic Game supporters! The game runs very well and visuals aren’t comprimised much if you set your graphic options to Xbox One X settings. In my experience they nearly doubled my performance from 40fps to 70fps on a i7 8700k 16GB RAM GTX 1070 at 1440p. These settings are as follows:
PC settings equivalent to Xbox One X and PS4:
- Texture Quality: Ultra
- Anisotropic Filtering: 4x
- Lighting Quality: Medium
- Global Illumination Quality: Medium/Low
- Shadow Quality: High
- Far Shadow Quality: Low (XB1X is Lower than Low)
- SSAO: Medium
- Reflection Quality: Low (XB1X is Lower than Low)
- Mirror Quality: High
- Water Quality: Custom
- Volumetrics Quality: Custom
- Particle Quality: Medium
- Tesselation Quality: High/Medium
- TAA: High/Medium/Off (Preference)
- FXAA: Off
- MSAA: Off
- Advanced Settings: Unlocked
- Graphics API: Vulkan
- Near Volumetric Resolution: Low (XB1X is Lower than Low)
- Far Volumetric Resolution: Low (XB1X is Lower than Low)
- Volumetric Lighting Quality: High/Medium
- Unlocked Volumetric Raymarch Resolution: Off
- Particle Lighting Quality: Medium
- Soft Shadows: High
- Grass Shadows: Medium/Low
- Long Shadows: Off
- Full Resolution SSAO: Off
- Water Refraction Quality: High
- Water Reflection Quality: Medium
- Water Physics Quality: 1/4
- Resolution Scale: Off (Should be left off but having it under 1x will definitely improve frame rate if necessary)
- TAA Sharpening: Off
- Motion Blur: On/Off (Preference)
- Reflection MSAA: Off
- Geometry Level of Detail: 5/5
- Grass Level of Detail: 2/10
- Tree Quality: Low (XB1X is Lower than Low)
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping Quality: High/Medium
- Decal Quality: Medium
- Fur Quality: Medium
- Tree Tesselation: Off
Red Dead Redemption 2 Best Settings Video Guide
- Use the Vulkan API Red Dead Redemption 2 supports both DirectX 12 and Vulkan APIs. If you’re experiencing performance issues, we recommend using the Vulkan API as it generally performs better than DirectX 12.
To switch to the Vulkan API, go to the game’s settings menu and select the Graphics tab. Under the Advanced Graphics section, you can switch between DirectX 12 and Vulkan.
- Update Your Graphics Drivers Finally, make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause performance issues and other problems with your games. You can download the latest graphics drivers for your system from your graphics card manufacturer’s website.
By adjusting your graphics settings, disabling unnecessary settings, using the Vulkan API, and updating your graphics drivers, you can achieve a significant FPS boost in Red Dead Redemption 2. With these settings, you should be able to enjoy the game’s stunning visuals while maintaining a smooth and stable frame rate.