In this article we will show you how to fix ERR_GFX_STATE error in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2 ERR_GFX_STATE FIX
Solution 1: Red Dead Redemption 2 GFX
0. Restart your computer. Yeah, just to be sure.
1. Go to game properties in Steam (right click RDR2 in list, and select Properties)
2. In new window, ‘General” tab is already selected – click “SET LAUNCH OPTIONS…” button.
3. Paste this: “-ignorepipelinecache” (without quotation marks), hit OK and run the game.
If it didn’t work, go to solution 2.
In default game works on VULKAN graphics API, but changing to DirectX should also fix ERR_GFX_STATE problem.
1. Go to game’s graphics settings.
2. Consider resetting.
3. Scroll down to Advanced and unlock it.
4. Change “Graphics API” to “DirectX 12”.
5. Save, confirm all and restart the game because changes must take effect.
If this also does not work… There’s a BIG problem, because the autosave might be corrupted. Go to third solution.
I’ve realized, that if everything fails using different MANUAL save helps. You loose progress, but can continue on playing. Below I give general guide but read first and don’t do this if you’re still not sure how to perform every single step.
1. Navigate to “…\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Profiles” in your “Documents” folder and backup everything in it because you may want to restore all the data.
2. Probably there’s only one folder like this: “F6DCG487” – open it.
4a. Find “SRDR30015” file and delete it (you’ve made a backup copy, right?).
NOTE: Not sure if 15th is the autosave – I always save on 15th slot so for me “SRDR30015” is always the most recent one where autosave probably works. For you it might be SRDR30001 or other. Experiment since you’ve got backup.
5. Find any other “SRDR300…” file with most recent date of modification and copy it into the same folder with a name “SRDR30015”.
6. Start the game and when “Cloud Sync Conflict” error appears, pick local save and hit “Review” & “Confirm”.
7. Reset all settings (read below why) and try to run the game.
So far it always worked form me, but I admit there were problems. I’ve tried .bak saves – they should be fine, but for me “SRDR30015.bak” never worked. That’s why I pick latest manual save (date of modification). Sometimes I had to delete all saves and leave only one naming it “SRDR30015”. Thankfully I always had backups.
There’s also this “reset all settings” step. Unfortunately even working save will not load properly if you don’t reset. Yes I know it’s a pain, but do this. Less frustration. You may try to backup “…\Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings\system.xml”.
Other FIX For ERR_GFX_STATE Error
If RDR2 on PC is crashing on launch with an ERR_GFX_STATE error message, you can add -ignorepipelinecache launch argument to your launcher.
Start the Rockstar Games Launcher
- Select Settings
- Under My installed Games Select Red Dead Redemption 2
- Scroll down to Launch arguments
- In the Launch Options box, add -ignorepipelinecache
- Select Games
- Launch Red Dead Redemption 2
- Epic Games Launcher
Start the Epic Games Launcher
- Select Settings
- Scroll down to Red Dead Redemption 2
- Tick the box Additional Command Line Arguments
- In the text box, add -ignorepipelinecache
- Return to the Main Menu
- Launch Red Dead Redemption 2
10 thoughts on “Red Dead Redemption 2 ERR_GFX_STATE FIX”
Thanks buddy you just saved my game experience for me the 2nd solution worked just fine. Thanks for explaining how to fix this.
Thanx, for me also option 2 worked.
ddnt work for me
test delete document folder settings
my gpu is updated
my windows updated
my graphics api set on directx12
any one help me ?????!!!!!??!??!
my setup intel corei7-4510u
geforce nvidia 820m
loading story mode show this ERR_GFX_STATE please rebot your game
please help me guys :((((
Ive done all solutions here and even more I could find online. Still having those crashes. Nothing seems to fix it.
Reset default graphics, turned off motion blur, restart game run complete benchmark. Game will finally progress past the consistent ERR_GFX_STATE crash spot.
My game will not work, from best I can figure out there is no Settings.xml file for the game and it will not create one because it crashes before it gets to the point of making a new one, any suggestions? reinstalling didnt help.
Solution 2 for me. Thanks!
There is no fix for this for me. Tried all those solutions. same crash. now I can no longer play the game. Thanks R*
The game don’t like overclocked gpu, even factory overclok. For my Aorus 1080 ti xtrem, i had to modify my gpu clock to the base clock frequency not the boosted one.
Sorry for my bad english.
I also still have the problem and also did all the solutions. If you find a way to fix it please let me know.