Many Resident Evil 2 Remake users have complained that they have encountered an issue while launching the game. According to what they say, it seems that when they try to start the game, it just begins into a windowed black screen and close down.
You don’t have to worry if you are one of the unlucky users who came across the problem. A fix for it is available, and we have provided the details below.
In this guide, we explain to you how to solve the Resident Evil 2 Remake Crash Issue.
Remake Won’t Open on Windows 10
Your game was crashing on startup with a black window. You looked in the Windows Event Viewer and RE2 was crashing due to a file called “nahimicv3devprops2.dll” in your case. You opened your Task Manager and ended all the tasks with “Nahimic” in their name and the game started up just fine.
Apparantly the file is associated with the programs Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar which are associated with ASUS motherboards. You unistalled both those programs just in case since you use an external DAC anyways and not onboard audio.
Moral of the story: ending the tasks and getting rid of anything with “Nahimic” in the name fixed the game.
Other Fixes You Can Try
Take advantage of the fact that initially, the game tries to open itself in a windowed screen. Here is the step-by-step solution:
- Start the game
- When the black screen appears, press “ALT+ENTER” (this will put the game into a Windowed Mode, and it will start to display)
- Go to the video settings
- Change the game’s resolution to your monitor’s native resolution
- Here you are: you can play in fullscreen
If it this doesn’t work:
If you couldn’t solve it, the problem could take origin from some incompatibility. So here’s what to check:
- Update GPU drivers to the latest version
- Make an exception for the Resident Evil 2 exe file in your anti-virus (or disable it)
- Disable third-party monitoring software