Unlocks & Shortcuts
Reventure features 100 endings, many of which require bringing far-off items to a variety of places.
Some of these endings unlock persistent shortcuts or other stuff, which makes reaching the rest much quicker.
But you won’t know which endings unlock what until you’ve completed them all.
Shortcuts Available from the Start
Before we get to the unlocks, the following shortcuts are available from the start:
- Cannon above the shopkeeper’s house. Leads to the courtyard in the dark lord’s castle.
- Cannon to the east of the king’s castle. Leads to the lake in front of the shopkeeper.
- Cannon on the west side of the dark lord’s castle. Leads to the lake in front of the king’s castle.
- Ending 51: Unlocks a portal (mirror in the princess’ rooms above the king’s castle) to the elevator in the dark lord’s castle.
Very convenient. Also unlocks a golden Princess statue that decreases the jump height necessary above the king’s castle.
- Ending 60: Unlocks a hole in the floor of the king’s castle, leading to the sewer below.
- Ending 72: Unlocks a beanstalk to the cloud west of the mountain. You can jump from the beanstalk to reach a variety of places even when encumbered by items.
- Ending 85: Unlocks a portal from your home to the faerie lake below the courtyard in the dark lord’s castle.
- Also, Ending 100 removes the three white doors with the colored symbols and thereby unlocks some post-game content. The doors are in the pirate ship in the ocean to the west, at the waterfall, and at the western side of the bridge leading to the desert.
- Unknown trigger: At some point, the Sword of Legend moves from its original location to a chest in your house.
- Unknown trigger (after time passes?): At some point, a chicken appears in the nest above the original location of the Sword of Legend.
- Unknown trigger (certain number of endings?): A white chest appears in the king’s castle, containing a compass which can point you to endings.
- Unknown trigger (certain number of endings?): A white chest appears in the king’s castle, containing a map which can point you to endings.