A full tutorial about crafting the Ankh Shield in Terraria. The Ankh Shield is an accessory that provides four defense and immunity to eleven different debuffs as well as knockback. Although it is arguably the best accessory to have on any character, it has the second most complex crafting tree in base Terraria, requiring eleven different ingredients. This guide will show you where to get each material, as well as provide tips for farming these items.
Updated on: 02.5.2023
Terraria Ankh Shield Crafting
Here is a crafting tree for the Ankh Shield. It lists the enemies that drop each item as well as the names of the accessories needed to create it. All credit goes to SDKPhoenix for this image.
- All accessory drop chances for the Ankh Charm are 1%, but on Expert mode they are 2%.
- The only accessories available prehardmode are the Nazar and the Bezoar. I would highly recommend getting both of these accessories prehardmode if possible, as Moss Hornets take the place of Hornets, and Cursed Skulls are very rare after killing Plantera. You can also craft the Obsidian Shield prehardmode.
- Obsidian requires water and lava to touch, and a minimum of 65% pickaxe power to mine (Deathbringer / Nightmare). It can also be blown up.
- Since destroying an altar spawns several Wraiths, you have a relatively high chance of obtaining the Fast Clock at the beginning of hardmode.
- The only “debuff” that bosses will inflict is really knockback. There are, of course, exceptions (Queen Bee’s stingers, BoC Creeper ability to inflict random debuffs, etc).
- While you may be immune to poison with the Ankh Shield, you are not immune to venom. This goes for other upgraded debuffs as well.
- For some reason, the Ankh Shield gives immunity to the chilled debuff. Oddly enough, the Hand Warmers, a separate accessory, are not used in the recipe.