Table of Contents Show
To progress in the game, you must determine your strategies and achieve successes in the game. In this guide, all achievements as of DLC 5 and how to obtain them are explained.
Not-Hidden Story Achievements
100% achievements guide as of DLC5!
All the achievements in this section are unmissable. The 2 hidden story achievements are in the Hidden Achievements section near the end.
- Launch the game for the first time.
A Horrible Nightmare
- Complete the story of Yuyuko’s havoc.
Packing Paper Delivery
- Find the first Tengu’s newspaper delivered.
So it starts…with a DEBT?
- Pay off your debt at Youkai’s Trail.
It’s borrowed, not stolen!
- Pay off your debt at Human Village.
Meant to be Versatile
- Pay off your debt at Hakurei Shrine.
East and West, Come and Get!
- Pay off your debt at Scarlet’s Mansion.
Fight of Immortality and Eternity
- Pay off your debt at Bamboo Forest of the Lost.
- Defeat Yuyuko and beat the game.
Concert in The Dream
- Hold the concert and see the ending scene
I’m just gonna outline the bond mechanics under Social Butterfly 3 and then just demonstrate all the other bond/reward/punishment achivs’ with Rumia’s below, they’re pretty self-explanatory and there’s a lot of them. When I tried actually putting all of them in here with just their names and descriptions I hit the character limit.
If you don’t know how reward/punishment spellcards work, check under Invincible and Spellcard Maniac in the Grindy Achievements section.
Social Butterfly 3
- Reach maximum bond level with 15 friends
- You raise your bond lvl by selecting Chat while talking to rare guests once a day and serving them dishes they like. The better the rating given to a serving, the more friendship you get per order.
- Whenever they reach full hearts for a given bond lvl in your notebook you need to talk to them and do their quest before you can progress the next bond lvl, except for lvl 5 – that one requires just talking to them once it’s maxed out.
- Since guests have limited budgets, if you’re prioritising bond grinding it’s better to serve them cheap dishes/drinks cooked with kitchenware that increases the chance of a follow-up order. You can also try to have spellcards that increase gained friendship (Meiling) or guests’ budgets up.
- A power-lvling strat is to invite as many rare guests you can manage to your izakaya once you hit lvl 2 with them and then kick all the normal guests as they appear. Also kick the rare guests as soon as they reach max hearts for a given lvl in your notebook. You’ll have horrible profits for nights like these tho.
- DLC guests count for this achievement but don’t have their individual lvl 2/4/5 achievements.
Social Butterfly 1
- Reach maximum bond level with 5 friends
Social Butterfly 2
- Reach maximum bond level with 10 friends
Nodding Acquaintances 1
- Reach bond level 2 with 5 friends
Nodding Acquaintances 2
- Reach bond level 2 with 10 friends
Nodding Acquaintances 3
- Reach bond level 2 with 15 friends
- Get rewarded by Marisa.
Marisa is the only special guest with a reward spellcard achiv. If you have DLC she becomes a rare guest in the Forest of Magic instead.
Catch the Golden Snitch!!
- Get punished by Marisa.
Marisa is the only special guest with a punishment spellcard achiv. If you have DLC she becomes a rare guest in the Forest of Magic instead.
- Get rewarded by Rumia.
Get Rumia’s (or in case of other characters’ version of this achiv, theirs) reward spellcard once.
Deep Dark Fantasy
- Get punished by Rumia.
Get Rumia’s (or in case of other characters’ version of this achiv, theirs) punishment spellcard once.
New Friend! ~The Flying Dark Orb
- Reach bond level 2 with Rumia
Reach bond lvl 2 with Rumia (or another character for their version of this achiv).
Getting Warm! ~Proof that she has a heart.
- Reach bond level 4 with Rumia
Reach bond lvl 4 with Rumia (or another character for their version of this achiv).
BFF! ~Be sure to come to my concert!
- Reach maximum bond level with Rumia
Reach bond lvl 5 with Rumia (or another character for their version of this achiv).
- Collect 50 mushrooms in total.
Simply collect 50 mushrooms from gathering spots. In the base game you can find them in varying numbers in ever area except for Human Village and Scarlet Devil Mansion. With DLC they also appear in the Forest of Magic and Chireiden.
- Obtain every tofu recipe.
Level up your bond lvl with rare guests until you have all the tofu recipes. If you have the DLC, it seems the recipes from there count, but the total required for the achievement doesn’t change. So it’s possible to get this achievement before obtaining all base game tofu recipes if you obtain some of the DLC-exclusive ones first.
- Obtain every barbecue recipe.
Level up your bond lvl with rare guests until you have all the barbecue recipes. If you have the DLC, it seems the recipes from there count, but the total required for the achievement doesn’t change. So it’s possible to get this achievement before obtaining all base game barbecue recipes if you obtain some of the DLC-exclusive ones first.
- Complete 5 missions on Tengu’s newspaper.
In the news tab of the journal you have the tengu newspaper. Every few days, a request might appear there that boils down to “X person in Y place needs Z item”. Go to the specified area, find the NPC, give them whatever they want, repeat 4 more times when more quests appear in the newspaper.
Additives are essential！
- Fully satisfy a customer by adding certain ingredient for the first time.
Get Spell Card Bonus
- Fully satisfy a rare customer and get rewarded for the first time.
- Get rewarded for 20 times.
- Get rewarded for 50 times.
- Get rewarded for 100 times.
In order to get a rare/special guest’s reward spell card, you must fully satisfy them, which means get 4 points (a pink/heart rating) on their order.
Serving an order without either requested tag locks you out of getting 4 points unless there’s a spellcard affecting customers’ orders going on or you use the Night Sparrow kitcheware in Hyper Mode. Liked tags add 1 point each. Both tags for food and drink count. In other words, you can serve a dish with the requested tag and a drink with the requested tag + 2 liked tags, or the opposite, or any combination of liked tags as long as both requested tags are fulfilled and there’s a minimum of 2 extra liked tags in the serving.
If you don’t know a guest’s liked tags, they’ll be revealed eventually through the orders they make. Otherwise, Keine’s spellcard can reveal a random like/dislike of a rare/special guest, and raising your bond lvl to 5 with a rare guest reveals all their likes/dislikes. Or you can look them up online but that’s cheating. /s
Now repeat that 100 times. You’ll probably get this naturally from playing, unless you somehow got through the entire game without spellcard activations outside of boss battles and are only now looking this up. If so, you have my condolences and I wish you happy grinding.
- Screwed by a punitive spell card for the first time.
That all you got?
- Get punished for 20 times.
- Get punished for 50 times.
In order to get punished with a spellcard, you must “achieve” a rating of 0 for an order from a rare/special guest. Either serve them something with no liked tags and at least one disliked tag, or simply serve them Dark Matter and a drink without any liked tags.
A fast way to do this is to go AFK in the 2nd phase of the final bossfight, since a punishment spellcard is cast there every 10 seconds. The fight isn’t long enough to get to 50 punishments, but you can reload a save and do it again until you get there. If you’re redoing the fight after beating the game for an extra reward, just keep rechallenging it and losing in the 2nd phase until you reach 50 punishments.
Beware of shady merchants! Lv1
- Be a victim of forced transaction for 5 times
Beware of shady merchants! Lv2
- Be a victim of forced transaction for 15 times
Beware of shady merchants! Lv3
- Be a victim of forced transaction for 25 times
This is for purchasing items from Tewi when she casts her punishment spellcard.
She’ll always punish you for a bit of the main story. If you don’t max these achievements out by the end of that, get her to punish you like any other rare guest.
If you don’t know how to get a character to punish you, read under the Invincible achievement or serve her ZUN Beer and Dark Matter/Pork Rice Ball with added Butter and Cicada Slough.
Little errand Lv1
- Complete 3 beverage transaction with Sakuya
Little errand Lv2
- Complete 5 beverage transaction with Sakuya
Little errand Lv3
- Complete 10 beverage transaction with Sakuya
Every few days in the news past a certain point in the main story, an article titled Chief Maid’s Consignment! will appear. When it does, go to Sakuya in the north-eastern corner of the Scarlet Devil Mansion and give her whatever she asks for. Continue playing and do it again whenever the article re-appears 9 more times.
Sparrow Head Knows the Math
- Sell out 10 serves made beforhand without wasting any other.
Pre-cook 10 of any dish at the kitchen in your house, then list just that dish on your menu in the evening. Sell all the pre-made dishes from the fridge and continue as normal.
Judging by the achiv’s wording, t’s possible that you can just go AFK after you sell your 10 reheated dishes and let the day end, but I haven’t personally tried that.
- Collect sparrow wine.
Sparrow wine can be found in the morning in the south-east part of Youkai Trail. Just gather it and there you go. If it’s not there, gather somewhere else and check again. If it’s still not there at 12:00 check on the next day.
*One of the generic NPCs has a line hinting at it being there, maybe you’d need to talk to them before the wine appears but my bets are on it being there anyway.
Worth to be awaited.
- Have one customer waiting in line.
Can we have a seat?
- Have over 20 customer waiting in line.
If you don’t get these accidentally over the course of the game, there are a few ways to force a long queue.
1. Have the sparrow melody buff that stops customers’ patience from going down or be in Hyper Mode. Then proceed to not serve any of the seated customers, letting the queue build up. Renew the buff by cooking whatever when it runs out.
2. Get rare customers’ spellcards that raise the number of normal customers. Wriggle is an easy early-game choice, as well as one of Keine’s spellcard’s random effects. If you have the DLC characters with relevant cards are Momiji, Mamizou, Remilia, Alice, and Aya.
- Earn over ￥500 profit in one night.
- Earn over ￥5,000 profit in one night.
- Earn over ￥10,000 profit in one night
- Receive tip for the first time
Right Way to Make Money
- Receive over ￥1,000 tip in one night.
More than Generosity
- Receive over ￥5,000 tip in one night.
Yet again, you’ll probably get all of these naturally. Otherwise, just open the big izakaya with 8 tables once you unlock it, remember to add an ingredient with a tag a normal customer likes that isn’t in the dish they ordered, and try to get perfect ratings on all the rare customers’ orders and you’ll easily get around 20k profit in a night, more than half of which will probably be tips.
Youkai’s Trail Robbery
- Collect at least once at every collection point at Youkai’s Trail
You need to gather at least once from every gathering spot on the Youkai Trail. There’s 22 total, 2 of which are accesible by entering Youkai Trail via alternative entrances from Hakurei Shrine and Bamboo Forest of the Lost respectively. Some gathering spots appear only at specific times of day.
Thief in the Human Village
- Collect at least once at every collection point at Human Village
You need to gather at least once from every gathering spot in the Human Village. There’s 8 total – eggs by Keine, 3 spots for veggies in the fields, 3 fish spots in the river, and the gingko tree by the alcohol seller. Some gathering spots appear only at specific times of day.
That’s my lunch!
- Collect at least once at every collection point at Hakurei Shrine
You need to gather at least once from every gathering spot in the Hakurei Shrine. There’s 6 total – peaches by Tenshi, ginkgo by the hole to the left of the peaches, mushrooms by Suika, potatoes above the Moriya Branch Shrine, and the gingko tree and mushrooms by the alternative exit to Youkai Trail. Some gathering spots appear only at specific times of day.
A Barren Scarlet Devil Mansion
- Collect at least once at every collection point at Scarlet Devil Mansion
You need to gather at least once from every gathering spot at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. There’s 6 total – 2 fish spots in the river, dew to the left of the bridge, ice by Cirno, and 2 grape spots in the north-western corner. The grapes can only be gathered once you’ve progressed far enough in the main story. Some gathering spots appear only at specific times of day.
- Collect at least once at every collection point at Bamboo Forest of the Lost
You need to gather at least once from every gathering spot in the Hakurei Shrine. There’s 6 total – mushrooms by the bridge to the right, mushrooms by Tewi, Moon Rocket spring by Kaguya (requires a side-quest from the tengu newspaper to be completed), bamboo shoots in the alley between Mokou and Tewi, bamboo above Tewi (by the alternative exit to Youkai Trail), and fish by Mokou. Some gathering spots appear only at specific times of day.
- In the commodity list you see… …!??!?
When punished by Tewi, there’s a small chance for her to be selling a Reisen item. While it’s a useful purchase, it’s 530000￥. Fortunately, this achiv only requires you to see the item being on sale. If you don’t get this by the time Tewi stops punishing you in the main story, just make her punish you normally until RNGesus smiles on you.
The Million Pound Note
- Expel 100 customers.
Just expel a 100 customers total by walking up to their table and holding the expel button (Z by default). If you want to do it without save-scamming and have DLC2, reaching bond lvl 5 with all rare guests in Former Hell and returning there the next day rewards you with an izakaya employee who lets you kick normal customers without breaking your combo (they won’t pay for anything they’ve eaten until that point tho).
- Fail to satisfy “cultural” tag requirement for 10 times.
Simply fail to serve a dish with the Cultural Heritage tag (real fellas remember when it was called Cultural Background) when requested a total of 10 times. The easiest area for this is the Human Village, since all 3 rare customers there can request it. You might get it accidentally, since the earliest recipe with that tag is a reward for Keine’s lvl 3 bond and otherwise ingredients with it are either DLC-exclusive or very rarely sold by Rinnosuke.
Riceballs and Everything
- Satisfy over 30 customers only by selling riceballs.
Second-least obtained achiv right now, and no wonder bcs its wording is somewhat ambiguous.
According to what I tried you need to get at least an orange rating for serving the rice balls for it to count. In other words, generic rice balls won’t do, you need to check what tags the specific guest likes and add at least one item with 1 or more of them. For rare guests with incompatible tag demands (Expensive/Chinese/Hot etc.) use the Night Sparrow cookware or spam enough liked tags with the rice ball and drink to offset the requested tag being absent.
I’m unsure if you need to *only* have rice balls listed on your menu for it to count, but since the easiest way to get this is to make a save, only list rice balls and drinks, and only select cutting boards so even if you are hit by sudden amnesia mid-attempt you cannot deviate from making rice balls, I recommend you do just that and simply reload the save after or persist in the rice-balled world you’ve created.
- Held the concert and receive blessing from all characters.
For this achievement you need to have lvl 5 bond with all base game rare guests. DLC ones don’t count, although they do show up at the concert. You can redo the concert whenever you want a day after holding it for the first time.
- Lost the battle with Yuyuko and experience reincarnation again
Simply lose in the final bossfight. You’ll be booted to the main menu and get the achievement.
- Help mouku win the battle with Kaguya
During the main story you’ll have to hold a competition between Mokou and Kaguya by selling two dishes. The easiest way to control who wins and loses is to only put that side’s dish on your menu. So if you want Mokou to win, sell Kaguya-hime but not Immortal Turkey. After you beat the main story of the game you can talk to Kaguya to do the competition over, so there’s no need to save-scam in order to get both results for both achievements.
Mouku’s wearing dress!?
- Help Kaguya win the battle with Mouku
During the main story you’ll have to hold a competition between Mokou and Kaguya by selling two dishes. The easiest way to control who wins and loses is to only put that side’s dish on your menu. So if you want Kaguya to win, sell Immortal Turkey but not Kaguya-hime. After you beat the main story of the game you can talk to Kaguya to do the competition over, so there’s no need to save-scam in order to get both results for both achievements.
- Produce a failed cooking for the first time.
When cooking a dish with a tag on a black background with a red X, simply add an ingredient with that tag to produce Dark Matter and be glad Gordon Ramsey can’t enter Gensoukyou to beat you up.
Youkai’s Trail Teahouse
- Sell out over 10 serves of green tea in a night
You’ll probably get this one accidentally very early on. If not, just open your izakaya without listing any drinks for sale other than green tea.
- Collect fantasy lotus.
The Udumbara is required for Wriggle’s lvl 3 bond quest. Not sure if it appears before u get that quest, but in any case it grows in a section of Youkai Trail only accesible from the Hakurei Shrine. Go up the stairs to the shrine and then right and down until you exit on a hill in Youkai Trail between 16:00 and 18:00 and it should be there.
Overcome the first Trail
- Overcome the first trail form Youmu
Overcome the secondTrail
- Overcome the second trail form Youmu
- If you don’t know Chinese or haven’t seen written Chinese since before 1949, this is the achievement you get for getting all the other achievements. If it doesn’t unlock immediately, close and re-open the game a few times and it should.