Welcome to our Victoria 3 Pop Needs and Goods Substitution Guide. The different pop needs, what goods that they require, and what they can be substituted for.
We know that there are people who have a hard time finishing the Victoria 3 game. If you are one of those who find it difficult to finish the game, let’s take you to our Victoria 3 guide.
Victoria 3 Pop Needs and Goods Substitution Guide
All pops in Victoria 3 have various needs depending on their wealth level, and require goods to fulfil those needs.
They do not need all goods, and any good from each category can be substituted completely for another (With a different value depending on the item’s base price.)
At the moment this is not made very clear by the game, and you have to dig through multiple tooltips to find this information. That’s why I’ve organised it into this handy guide, sorted by the wealth level of the pops.
Pop Needs vs Wealth Diagram
I’ve made this graph to help visualise the different pop needs by wealth.
Heating (All Wealth Levels)
Intoxicants (All Wealth Levels)
Simple Clothing (Wealth 1-14)
Basic Food (Wealth 1-29)
Crude Items (Wealth 5-14)
Standard Clothing (Wealth 10-39)
Household Items (Wealth 10-44)
Services (Wealth 10+)
Free Movement (Wealth 15+)
Luxury Drinks (Wealth 15+)
Luxury Items (Wealth Level 15+)
Communication (Wealth 20+)
Luxury Food (Wealth 20+)
Art (Wealth 30+)
About Victoria 3
SHAPE A WONDERFUL FUTURE
- Paradox Development Studio invites you to build your ideal society in the turmoil of the 19th century, full of excitement and change. Balance the conflicting interests in your society and achieve the position you deserve in Victoria 3, one of the most beloved games in Paradox history.
ULTIMATE COMMUNITY SIMULATOR
- Lead dozens of nations from 1836-1936. State of Agriculture or Industry, Traditional or Radical, Peaceful or Expansive… The choice is yours.
- Detailed population groups with their own economic needs and political aims.
- Reform your government and constitution to take advantage of new societal innovations, or keep your nation stable in the face of revolutionaries by sticking to tradition.
- Research transformative new technologies or ideas to improve your national standing.
DEEP ECONOMIC SYSTEM
- Grow your industry to take advantage of profitable goods and tax profits to increase national welfare.
- Import cheap raw materials to meet your basic needs and find new markets for your finished products.
- Safe products vital to fuel your advanced economy and control the fate of empires.
- Strike a balance between existing workforce employment and the needs of new types of workers.