Remove Letterbox Artworks Mod
This small mod allows people with non 16:9 displays enjoy the game without distracting images on letterbox bars.
There are two versions of this mod available:
One that makes borders black and another that removes them completely:
Be aware, that cutscenes were made with 16:9 aspect ratio in mind, so removing bars can reveal things that were not supposed to be seen, sometimes making background in pre-rendered cutscenes bright:
- Download this archive
- Rename “ui.par” to “ui_backup.par”
- Run XdeltaUI.exe;
- In “Patch” field select your desired version of this mod:
- -BlackBars.xdelta – will remove patterns from letterbox bars, making them plain black;
- -NoBars.xdelta – will remove bars completely, potentially revealing things that you weren’t supposed to see.
- In “Source File” field select “ui_backup.par” file;
- Press “…” near “Output File”, pick a “\Yakuza Kiwami 2\data” folder and write “ui.par” as a filename;
- Press “Patch” button.