The quest Free the Horses is part of Red Dead Redemption 2 A Rage Unleashed Chapter.
- Knock out 2 soldiers on the boat
- Round up the horses and reach shore within 1 minute 30 seconds
Free the Horses
- After the cutscene with Eagle Flies and Paytah, row out into the water in the canoes
- Paddle to the side of the boat so the gang can climb aboard it
- Once aboard the boat, knock out the soldiers
- After dealing with the soldiers, locate the anchor and rig the dynamite to its gears
- The dynamite will explode, triggering another cutscene
- Once you regain control, jump out of the boat and mount a horse
- Lead the horses to the shore to trigger a cutscene to end the mission
During the cutscene, you will face a choice
CHOICE A: Help Rain’s Fall
CHOICE B: Don’t Help Rain’s Fall
1. Use Unarmed Stealth Knockouts To Silence Enemies
Unequip any weapons and use your bare hands to do silent stealth knockouts. These won’t alert any other enemies on the boat.
2. Mount The Horse Nearest You
Once you regain control after the cutscene, find the nearest horse and mount it. The other horses will automatically follow you to shore.
Choose To Help Rain’s Fall Or Not
You can decide to help Rain’s Fall or not after you finish freeing the horses. Agreeing to help will unlock a series of missions you can do with Rain’s Fall. Not agreeing to help will let you walk away.
Red Dead Redemption Free the Horses quest is completed.
Next is up: The Delights Of Van Horn – Set Up The Ambush With Bill